Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2015 r/t classic. One of my headlights is out on one side and my yellow turn light on the other side.

I took it in to get changed and was quoted ~$800 (400 for both sides) as they said it is a full assembly item and must all be replaced at once. I've been trying to research this but have been unable to find a good answer and the two shops I called seem to be unfamiliar with it and said it was an assembly piece.

Do I have to buy a whole new assembly or if I can buy a part and change it myself/take it in with the part?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Side note: If anyone knows of a good shop to go to in Houston let me know.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2015 r/t classic. One of my headlights is out on one side and my yellow turn light on the other side.

I took it in to get changed and was quoted ~$800 (400 for both sides) as they said it is a full assembly item and must all be replaced at once. I've been trying to research this but have been unable to find a good answer and the two shops I called seem to be unfamiliar with it and said it was an assembly piece.

Do I have to buy a whole new assembly or if I can buy a part and change it myself/take it in with the part?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Side note: If anyone knows of a good shop to go to in Houston let me know.
Ask in the Diode Dynamics forum, maybe they have a replacement? Not sure exactly what's broken on yours.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,933 Posts
What does "out" mean? You can change the bulb if that's all that's wrong. The halos, that's an assy replacement, yes. A Guy

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
When is your warranty up? Or are you over the 36K miles.....this would be a Warranty ite, if you haven't reached the 3 year, 36 k point yet.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
When is your warranty up? Or are you over the 36K miles.....this would be a Warranty ite, if you haven't reached the 3 year, 36 k point yet.

What he said ^^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts