Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Maybe this question is little bit dumb but is there any possibility to replace 2009-2014 dash with a new, post 2015 one?
You see I like the previous exterior better but new interior is much more appealing. It would be nice to have the best from both worlds - at least from the design point of view.

Bartek.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
It would require a new console as well - dash shape is different in that area as well.

A major issue is the IP cluster is configured around the '15+ wiring architecture and that also entails the PCM as well. The IP cluster <-> PCM <-> BCM all communicate with each other.

So while the new dash may physically fit, getting everything to work is a entirely different matter.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Do you already have a car? If not, I'd suggest that you look the 15+ exterior over a lot more. I didn't like the changes at first, myself, but I definitely like the 15+ styling better now. The taillights, especially, look dated and less sporty.

As far as swapping the dash goes, I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine you'd probably need a wrecked donor car, and need to swap most of the car's wiring. I'm not sure if the newer car's canbus would cooperate with the older PCM and other electronic goodies. And if you swapped everything over, you may not be able to get the PCM to recognize the correct VIN. Also, the TCM is in the valve body of the transmission on the 15+ cars. And as stated before, the body control module may get pissy, since it's what stores the odometer, etc. It really sounds like a nightmare to me. I'm sure it can be done, but the amount of work and cost could be incredible.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The taillights, especially, look dated and less sporty.
See that's the thing when we start talking about taste and preferences. I like old taillights better. They look more retro for me and retro is what I'm heading for.
Anyways thanks for answers guys... I see now that switching exterior is practically impossible.

Bartek

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
There are people here that have swapped the 15+ taillights into their older cars. You could probably go the other way, too. Heck, someone on here might like to get together with you and figure a trade of some sort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts