Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my driver's headlight bit the dust and needed to be replaced so I went into it and changed the bulb but the damned thing doesn't want to fit back into the headlight. It's a pain and half since there is MAYBE a 3 inch gap between the nose and the headlight in which to fit your hand and torque the headlight into the housing. I can get my hand down there but I'll be damned if I can actually twist the bulb into place. Any tips or tricks? I don't feel like taking the bumper off to remove the headlight.
TIA.
-Hell Ride

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no answers? Really?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Move the air box, that is what I did.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've got small hands and replaced my HID's without pulling the facia. It can be done, so don't give up! If nothing else, get some one with small hands to get down there, and by all means, remove the air box, it's only a 5 minute job and well worth the extra space to work in! FWIW, the passenger side is the "real" biotch, so be for warned!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I was at the dealer this morning filing a job application and the guy there did it for me. He showed me that if you use your left hand and fAce the rear of the vehicle you're good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts