Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did some seraching, but still have a few questions. My local dealers are also not much help. I have the RES in my 2010 Challenger R/T. No bluetooth, no uconnect, no hard drive, no nav.
I want to buy a REN 430 with 30GB HD and the dual mic mirror so the car has the factory installed appearance.
Aside from the REN head unit and the dual mic mirror itself, what else is required to be able to use bluetooth and voice commands? Will I need the uconnect wiring harness and a separate harness for the mirror? Can I use my Ipod from the front USB port and will the songs and other IPOD information show up on the display? Any help would be appreciated and if anyone has part numbers for any of this, even better. I already talked to Doug at OEM parts, and the wiring harness question was one he couldnt answer. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The separate mic is the cheaper easier option but I really want to go with the mirror setup.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got an RBZ radio today from a fellow board member and installed it. I have part numbers and a source for the dual mic mirror and the mirror cable now. Can I plug the mirror cable directly into the 10 bus on the back of the radio and have voice command and uconnect, or do I need a separate uconnect module that the mirror will plug into?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay challengertalk, I have nearly all the information I need for this except one vital piece. Can anyone give me the part number for the cable that plugs into the Uconnect module and the runs to the dual micmiror? The Uconnect module is plugged into the 10 pin on the back of the rbz so the mirror cable must be the one to plug into the module. Has anybody upgraded their res radio to an rbz and added the dual mic mirror?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did, and have since switched to an RER. I had to have a custom wiring harness made to run from the uconnect module to the mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Besides having the harness made, the install wasn't difficult. You will need to have uconnect enabled by the dealer if you dot have it already

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts