Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, new to the forum here. I've got a new 2018 SXT. I'm really enjoying the car so far, but I'm already wanting to change the exhaust. I've seen YouTube videos of some good and bad exhaust sounds. I've heard the borla and solo kits but do not want to spend that much just yet.

I'm thinking about removing the stock resonators, and replacing them with glasspacks. The stock mufflers would stay on as well. I'm hoping that this would be louder, any not so raspy.

I'd love to hear opinions. What are your thoughts? Has anyone done this?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,664 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk RossAlGhul. Hopefully you will get some experience replies. A Guy

·
Registered
744 Posts
I had dual Flowmaster 40s on mine no resonators sounded good.A little drone at 40mph.I hear the best set up on these is a single dual in dual out Flowmaster or there is another muffler I believe Walker Dynomax that has a spring valve in it that is only louder when you get on it.

·
Registered
2010 Torred Challerger SRT8
30 Posts
A little different, but good results

I have a 2010 Challenger SRT8 (the different part). Looked over all the aftermarket tubes, but didn't like the $$$ and unsure about the sound (drone). Did a Resonator Delete at my local muffler shop who does most custom work in town. He just cut out the resonators and filled the gap to the tips with new pipe. Sound is just fine with me. Quite when the engine is quite, louder when I wake it up. Can't hear them cruising in town, slight deep hum on highway. I can't say how this would work on another engine setup, though. Less that $100.

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts
For those of you interested, here is a cut-away of Challenger resonator. It is low restrictive.
Eliminating it will not change the exhaust tone- it will only make it a little louder. Also, on engines with MDS, you will get more drone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone help?
I have 2011 Challenger Rallye V6 and from what I see on the bottom, the middle of the car has the tubular shaped parts, (from what I’ve read, those are the mufflers)....at the back of the car where the “suitcases” (I think those are the resonators), should be there are Flowmaster 40’s....the drone is too much for me....so here are my questions:

1) If I replace the tubular “mid-mufflers” with either Magnaflow 10415 or Different Trends Flow 2’s 49265 what can I put on at the rear if I don’t want to straight pipe past the mid mufflers? Is there an aftermarket resonator “glass pack” available?

2) If I can’t find an aftermarket resonator, can anyone recommend where to get stock resonators? (I’ve seen some on line but most are off of RT’s or higher. Will they work on a V6 or are they configured differently changing the sound of a v6?
Any help would be appreciated...I’m new to the forum thing and this is the first I’m dealing with an exhaust. Thanks in advance for any help/insight you guys can share!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Have you looked into J-pipes like solo sells?

Although this member took off the J-pipes and said drone was not too bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts