Vendor
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Vendor
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
-TTT-

NOW through February 19th, 2018 save $100.00 back by mail with the purchase of four(4) Replica Demon wheels During Discount Tire Direct's Presidents Day Deals Event!

Want to save more? Complete your Demon wheel purchase using Discount Tire credit and save an additional $60.00 back by mail, for a combined savings of $160.00!

For all the 22-inch fans, the Demon Replica is now available in 22x9 ET+20!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Voxx Demon Replicas Installed today

I ordered a pair of 20×10.5 Voxx Demon Replicas with Nitto NT555R 305/35R20s mounted on them through Discount Tire NVL 09 In Henderson, NV and had them installed today. Oddly, the rims do not include matching lug nuts and the OEM ALCOA Forged SRT lug nuts would not fit so the fellas at the shop kindly supplied these pictured below to get the job done. I would like to find some in black with a matching finish and lower profile that appear to match the style of the rim better, though. Any suggestions?

Also looking for SRT center caps that would fit these wheels.

Attachments

·
Vendor
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Looking good, TaeKwonJoeSRT8!

Lug hardware is not included with aftermarket wheel purchases, but I'm glad to see your local Discount Tire took care of you!

Shoot us a PM with your full name and telephone number and I'll see what I can do about switching those out for black finish lug nuts :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks, Discount Tire! I don't mind finding some black lug nuts but was surprised that the OEM lugs would not fit and these sort of oblong nuts as pictured were needed. Do you have any insights as to which form factor is required for the black lug nuts to be compatible with the Voxx rims?

Here's a few more photos from yesterday. The mismatch front and back wheels are really growing on me.

Attachments

·
Vendor
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks, Discount Tire! I don't mind finding some black lug nuts but was surprised that the OEM lugs would not fit and these sort of oblong nuts as pictured were needed. Do you have any insights as to which black lug nuts would be compatible with the Voxx rims?
The Voxx Demon uses smaller diameter recessed lug holes so smaller diameter lug nuts are needed. This is the case with most aftermarket wheels as well.

A splined drive or tuner style lug kit in 14x1.5 will do the trick. Shoot us a PM with your information and we'll fix you up :wink3:

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Voxx Demon uses smaller diameter recessed lug holes so smaller diameter lug nuts are needed. This is the case with most aftermarket wheels as well.

A splined drive or tuner style lug kit in 14x1.5 will do the trick.

Great! Thanks for the measurements–I'm sure others may find this useful as well.

·
Vendor
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
SRT wheel center caps and black lug nuts installed. Thanks for the hookup on the splined drive lug kit, Discount Tire!
Glad we could help. Thanks for the shout out.

Discount Tire, are these available in bronze finish? Thx
At this time, the Voxx version only comes in black.

·
Vendor
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi, Len392-

There are no promotions running on the Cooper RS3-S specifically, but right now you can save up to $50.00 back by mail when you purchase a new set of tires or wheels with Discount Tire credit!

I'll add that we guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the tires we carry; if a competitor has a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it!

Details: Up to $50 in Rebates | Discount Tire

·
Registered
529 Posts
DT I'll probably be looking for some new rims but over heard of my local DT will not put tires on rim's if there not the proper size.

Right now I have 20X9.0 with 275/45R20 not sure on the offset but has spacers and the rear are 20X10 not sure on the with haven't checked myself, but with 315/35R20 also unknown of the offset

But was looking for new rims that I wouldn't need spacers and keep the same tire size.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thank you for the opportunity at your business, DOM71!

Customer safety is a top priority and there are guidelines that we follow when it comes to replacement tire installation - one of those is the tire to rim width. PM coming your way :cool:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thank you for the opportunity at your business, DOM71!

Customer safety is a top priority and there are guidelines that we follow when it comes to replacement tire installation - one of those is the tire to rim width. PM coming your way :cool:
Can't you share those guidelines, tire to rim widths, etc with the rest of the forum?

·
Vendor
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Can't you share those guidelines, tire to rim widths, etc with the rest of the forum?
Certainly! We just wanted to PM the OP for additional details.

In this instance regarding rim width and tire size, we look at the build guidelines set by the T&RA (Tire and Rubber Association).

One other one is to ensure the replacement tire/s being installed meet the load carrying capacity of the O.E. tires.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Certainly! We just wanted to PM the OP for additional details.

In this instance regarding rim width and tire size, we look at the build guidelines set by the T&RA (Tire and Rubber Association).

One other one is to ensure the replacement tire/s being installed meet the load carrying capacity of the O.E. tires.
Thank you for this information.
I looked up Tire and Rubber Association and came up with Tire and Rubber Association of Canada. So I assume that them. I went through some of the web site info but couldn't find anything related "rim width and tire size...build guidelines". Is that something they include on the web, do you know?

That's an excellent point on meeting the load carrying capacity of the O.E. tires. I often think about that myself, particularly when people order on line.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts