Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Automotive News, Fiat Chrysler’s plan to move the 300 to the Giorgio rear-wheel drive platform that is employed in the Giulia has been scrapped. Instead, FCA engineers will work to significantly improve the 300’s LX platform, with the automaker planning to introduce the reworked version of the sedan sometime in 2019.

Before the updated 300 arrives, the Hellcat version will. AN‘s sources didn’t provide much info on the super sedan, but previous Hellcat-powered products give us a pretty good indication. In the closely related Charger Hellcat, FCA’s 6.2-liter supercharged V8 makes 707 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque, so we’re expecting similar output levels for the 300.
Report: A Chrysler 300 Hellcat is Happening » AutoGuide.com News

A Guy

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
207 Posts
Really? This is getting ridiculous........
I think there ought to be a "chain of command" kind of structure. With the demise of the Viper the Challenger should be the leader of the pack with the most powerful power plant, (ok- There is the Demon that puts it above all the other models) but -
Put the hellcat motor in the Challenger, Charger, Jeep (I thought I heard) and now the 300...... For me that just dilutes my thrill and desire of owning a Hellcat Challenger.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It actually makes sense from an FCA perspective. Challenger, Charger and 300 roll down the same assembly line.. so having many of the same options is a no brainer, and if you can grab just a small percentage, you up your profits...

·
Administrator
3,748 Posts
I think there ought to be a "chain of command" kind of structure. With the demise of the Viper the Challenger should be the leader of the pack with the most powerful power plant, (ok- There is the Demon that puts it above all the other models) but -
Put the hellcat motor in the Challenger, Charger, Jeep (I thought I heard) and now the 300...... For me that just dilutes my thrill and desire of owning a Hellcat Challenger.
Where do you think this whole SRT8 thing began? The 2005 300 SRT8 was the first and that makes it leader of the pack. Back then the Challenger was still a wet dream behind the 2006 Magnum, Charger and Grand Cherokee SRT8. It's only fitting the 300 and TrackHawk be included.

Bernie

·
Registered
231 Posts
By chance did you come from a Corvette? They seem to think this same way. To each there own, I just never understood it.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Oh no, other people will have even more Hellcats than are already available, what a tragedy.

:rofl:

You realize the same engine available in a wider variety of cars usually means more parts and aftermarket, right?

Build yourself something if that's the itch you have to scratch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts