Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, any ideas?

OK, 2010 R/T having Package 27M.

Sirius RES head unit, I get that the U-Connect buttons work it needs a separate interface for the bluetooth (My 08 JK Jeep is the same).

According to the quick guide for the RES radio, I should have a dedicated Ipod interface point which needs the Mopar cable (besides the single RCA aux input on the head).

It mentions two points the interface connector for the cable might be, the Center Console or Glovebox. Neither places have the interface point for the Mopar cable.

I have seen pictures of people with the cable point in the console and I don't have it.

Any ideas or input would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
My RT Classic its in the front drivers side inside of the center console by the hot lighter plug. I have a RER nav unit but I think the IPOD connection is the same place.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I just looked at my owners manual and that's a UCI and is an option on RES radios. Page 211,212 in owners manual.

·
Registered
76 Posts
UCI needs HFM (hands free module) to interface with radio. RER radio has built in HFM. RES radio needs external module.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks guys.

So if I understand it correctly, RES still needs the U-Connect interface module for the external (not the rca jack on the head unit stating aux) Ipod cable also.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I don't know, hopefully fnkychkn can answer that or SSdodge looks on here. SS does all kinda upgrades to his SE and he would know.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine said the same thing but it was not there.. Had to buy a seperate harness from the dealer and install it to the module behind the glove box on the pillar. I had the U-connect added at the dealer, but it didn't come with the extra cable. They told me it was a seperate piece.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok, thanks guys.

So if I understand it correctly, RES still needs the U-Connect interface module for the external (not the rca jack on the head unit stating aux) Ipod cable also.
correct! ipod cable (UCI) plugs into the HFM (uconnect module) on RES applications and plugs directly into the radio on RER applications.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I bought the module for my MyGig. Would still have to buy the ipod cable that would connect to that module. I got the 82211877. Most dealers sell it for $257. Got mine on ebay from a Chicago dealer for about $40 less. I don't have an ipod so I can't say about the cable. Mounted my mic to the left of the 12v outlet on the console instead of the left A pillar like they suggest. Works fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts