Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
First off I'm new here.

So I'm swapping out my Air Intake for an aftermarket CAI. Now when I was doing my homework and was speaking with the dealer, I asked him what I do with the stock part once its out. He said "well keep it". I don't really have the room or an attached garage to toss it into so I was wondering if there are any suggestions/ is it possible to sell it.
My concern (and feel free to tell me that it isn't a valid one) given that while installing the aftermarket CAI you harvest the IAT sensor and the O rings, is it acceptable to sell it on without those parts? In addition what can I expect for it, a ballpark figure would do

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Don't think there is much of a demand for it, so don't really think it's worth much. Best bet would to be keep it and if you ever sell your car, re install it, then sell the CAI. You won't get anything extra with the CAI installed when it comes time to trade it in. That's why I always take off all the aftermarket stuff I've done to a car before I get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
We have an online classified site in Utah that has 2-3 for sale they've been asking about 60-80 bucks for them but haven't had much luck selling them.

You can have my old one if you pay the freight...

That's how much mine's worth...

2cents

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't think there is much of a demand for it, so don't really think it's worth much. Best bet would to be keep it and if you ever sell your car, re install it, then sell the CAI. You won't get anything extra with the CAI installed when it comes time to trade it in. That's why I always take off all the aftermarket stuff I've done to a car before I get rid of it.
That's a good tip, the only reason this crossed my mind is because when I shopped around I did see a coupled of listings on ebay for the stock CAI

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have an online classified site in Utah that has 2-3 for sale they've been asking about 60-80 bucks for them but haven't had much luck selling them.

You can have my old one if you pay the freight...

That's how much mine's worth...

2cents
Yeah I was just going to say, the listings on eBay are around that much too, but I suppose if something were to happen to my factory CAI it might be covered by warranty or if I'm not interested in modding I'd just get it from a dealer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts