Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've asked something similar in a few places on here but no luck so I figured I'd give it one more try here. I'm looking to reset my EVIC to the settings it had when it came from the factory. Why would I want to do that? Simple. I accessed the extended EVIC and activated the top speed display. However, all it shows is 0.0mph and I've tried everything to get it to work. No luck what so ever. I keep my screen on the mph page but can't stand looking at the 0.0 top speed. Most people said just hold the right arrow button to turn the display off but all that does is reset it for me. It goes "-----" then back to 0.0mph. I've held it, tapped, rapidly tapped it, held it with every other button in the car but no luck. I figured the only thing I can do now is somehow go back to factory settings. Is there a way to do that? I'd really hate to have to bring this to the dealer just for this but I am due for my first oil change soon but I'm not confident they'll know what to do. Thanks in advance

Oh yeah. 2014 RT plus 6m blacktop (not sure if this matters)

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
My 2012 manual shows Fuse 17 in the truck as the one for the instrument cluster, have you tried pulling that for maybe 20 minutes or so?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the negative cable from the battery for 20 mins?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, to both of you. I will actually try that. I figure it might be a battery thing . I'll try the fuse first then battery if not . Key you know Tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts