Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys Im gonna get my resonators removed this week I know it will sound better but you guys think it will give me any more horses Any info would be great thanx

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Maybe 1 or 2. It will definitely sound faster though!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 or 2 I'll take

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do know if 3in tubing will fit the stock exaust tips

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that's no good I don't want my car any slower all my buddies already beat me

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't care but im not going to do something to my car to make it slower

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
3 inch pipes go over the stock 2.75 inch pipes perfectly. And there is no way you are losing torque removing something at the back of the exhaust system, plus the SRT resonaters don't create any flow restriction. Also, after the cats I seriously doubt the engine can tell a difference in back pressure, the rest of that is all internet hype.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But will the 3in fit the stock exaust tips the muffler guy is telling me that the tips are only 2 1/2 in

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Well that's why it's so easy just to buy the Blastin' Bob's kit. It comes with clamps so you just cut your stock pipes, slide the BB pipes over and clamp them on, and then they also come with the exact same pipe ends that the stock exhaust comes with so the tips bolt right on. They are worth the little extra $$$ IMO.

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
But will the 3in fit the stock exaust tips the muffler guy is telling me that the tips are only 2 1/2 in
Look closely at the connection where the tips go on, it's a ball and socket style. The tail pipe has a rounded end (male and the tips are beveled in (female).

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I did look it did look a lil smaller so maybe the muffler guy is right

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I just had mine removed and installed mufflers called 409's. (Magnaflow copies) Car sounds awesome! My mufflers were 150$ for the pair, stainless. Muffler guy did charge me 350$ for remove/install. Some say I paid too much, but NY ain't cheap. I do get a drone at certain RPM's. I just speed up or slow down. Sweet spot is at 62 mph/2000 rpm. Mine is an automatic. Sound changes from auto to auto stick. I like it so far. Now everyone can hear its an American muscle car !:thup:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you keep the stock mufflers on or did you remove them

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am going to replace my resonators with Blastin Bobs MF49ce magnaflows, I just want a little more sound.
This is what I've got on mine. Produces a nice sound, though not quite like a true muscle car should sound. I've got the A5 though, so that could make a bit of difference. Still a great kit though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is what I've got on mine. Produces a nice sound, though not quite like a true muscle car should sound. I've got the A5 though, so that could make a bit of difference. Still a great kit though.
I just want it a little loader and deeper, is that what you got with this kit? Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just want it a little loader and deeper, is that what you got with this kit? Thanks
I just noticed you said you're getting the MF49CE. Sorry, I've got the MFCE Glasspacks (MFCE, 09-14, Challenger, 5.7L ,7db, Magnaflow, resonated,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,). I'm not sure how the MF49CE mufflers sound. I'd assume they're deeper and louder, but I can't be for sure. I'm really happy with the MFCE glasspacks though. Sorry I confused then with what I've got on mine.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I removed the factory mufflers and installed mufflers called 409's by a company called Different Trend Inc., My local speed shop (S and K Speed) recommended them as they are copies of more expensive Magnaflow mufflers. Cost 150$ for the pair, stainless steel. I have the original mufflers and resonators with attached pipes. Its good to keep all of the parts you remove in case a new owner wants them to re install.

The company has a website www.dtexhaust.com and the muffler model is called "Flow II".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts