Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really been looking into this mod a lot, have not made up my mind. I hear a lot of people talking reso delete for the price, sounds just as good if not better then most cat back systems? Please let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have been having this same problem, and after countless hours wandering through the youtoobs, I have come to the conclusion that they do not sound the same to most cat-back systems.

Other than that, I havent seen or read much else of a difference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have been looking into the Blastin bob reso delete kit, I was wondering if anyone who has done this, is it just a cut, slip over and clamp on or a cut, weld together and clamp?

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Ok speaking from a 392 view and an old muscle head, the resonator delete (had a muffler shop do it) made mine sound AWESOME! It cost me $200 and well worth it versus the cat back, its worth a try for the money as if you don't like it you either go back or forward with the full exhaust treatment.

Also I have the M6 trans but to me any drone I do hear is just part of the package, you know you get what you ask for. If you are worried about drone you just don't have any business going forward and enjoy your "quite" ride, otherwise hell bent for leather and enjoy!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have an R/T with Blastin' Bob's resonator delete. Best money I EVER spent on a car. You'll love it and have no regrets about not spending 1K on a cat-back system (if you have a manual).

·
Registered
41 Posts
i disagree about reso delete, I have a redline and cut mine out, straight piped it. absolutely hate it sounds like a tuner car, rice burner and drone is horrible. come summer time resonators go back on or try and convince wife for a solo catback

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Really been looking into this mod a lot, have not made up my mind. I hear a lot of people talking reso delete for the price, sounds just as good if not better then most cat back systems? Please let me know what you all think.
I'm glad you asked, because I am wondering the same also. Something to keep in mind when considering the responses: the difference in sound and drone when modding the exhaust between the SE or SXT, R/T, and SRT, as well as the transmission; I'd say the results of modding the manual SRT would be more forgiving than modding the automatic 3.6 SXT.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
After looking and listening to systems for six month, I decided to install the Magnaflow Axle back kit, and I love it. It took me less than an hour to install it which included putting the back wheels on ramps. Just a cut and clamp install using your stock hangers, and tips. On the newer cars the exhaust system flows real well, except the resonators. There is no drone and it has a deep exhaust note. As shown in the photo, the kit nice and clean. :banger:

Attachments

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Registered
536 Posts
i disagree about reso delete, I have a redline and cut mine out, straight piped it. absolutely hate it sounds like a tuner car, rice burner and drone is horrible. come summer time resonators go back on or try and convince wife for a solo catback
Convince wife? Unless she bought it for you why would you ask for permission if its YOUR CAR? And I get the whole we are one and we make decisions as a couple while skipping through the pastures, but you shouldnt be scared to put an exhaust on your car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok awesome, thanks all for the feed back, I have the 6M RT STP and want to hear that hemi, so the drone im not worried about, the wife may not like it but hey the door is right there just don't slam it to hard.

Reactions: jford21

·
Banned
290 Posts
It's gonna drone some through certain RPM ranges. Especially when cold. If you can deal with that take it to your local muffler shop and have at it. There's really no need for a kit. Blastin Bob is laughing all the way to the bank.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have been looking into the Blastin bob reso delete kit, I was wondering if anyone who has done this, is it just a cut, slip over and clamp on or a cut, weld together and clamp?
I did the Blastin Bobs and I'm pretty happy with them. I had my brother drive the car and while I followed him to hear what sounds like from outside considering I always hear the exhaust note from within the car.

P.S. I want to buy a system but $1200-1300 is pretty steep.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did the Reso Delete on my 14 Classic. It sounds amazing. Everyone loves it. Its a 6 speed, so I can't speak for A5 guys, but on my car it truly does sound amazing and catches a lot of attention.

I say go for it. Its inexpensive enough that if you don't like it you're not out a ton of money like you would be with a full catback.

All of them are going to drone some. But I hardly notice it in mine. I am also not drone sensitive. I have been in cars that I couldn't take it in, but this sounds amazing on my car.

Loud enough it sets off my trucks alarm on cold start in the morning, but quiet enough that you don't have to hear it if you don't want to.

·
Registered
442 Posts
reso delete

cat back is not necessary....the key component for sound purposes is the replacement of that large resonator with either a glasspack (the longer the quiter) with baffles...same thing as blasting bob.....or get you a small muffler instead of the resonator.....6 speed you are lucky you have no MDS....drone sucks....another alternative is take your time wait look in this forum and buy a quality cat back. I have purchased 2 Corsa Extreme (first for my RT plus and then for my SRT) and i was extremely happy with my purchase.... if on a budget the glasspacks are pretty good

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you want to pay someone online to send you a piece of pipe, then by all means do so. I simply deleted teh resonators, straight pipe in and replaced mufflers with flowmaster 40s. Good sound. Total cost, 300 bucks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts