2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,425 Posts
RIP, an awesome drummer

A Guy

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
132 Posts
My 12 year old son has played drums since he was 7. Was really hoping to have him see Neal and Rush before he passed. By far the best drummer I’ve ever seen- not to mention a genius songwriter too. His brilliance will be missed. RIP☹

·
Registered
655 Posts
What a shame, another great talent gone.
I wanted to see Neil/Rush on their farewell tour, but things just didn't work out.

I have wanted to see Bruce Springsteen and the E street band for years now. I have waited so long, that Clarence Clemons is no longer with us either.

I had tickets available to see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in Boston a few years back, but passed on them. Wish I had seen that show.

There are only a handful of acts that I would really like to see now.... Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Rolling Stones, The Who, and Chris Stapleton. There might be another band or two, but not a long list.

I had been lucky enough to have seen the Allman Brothers with Greg Allman in one of their very last shows. Also one of the last shows of the J. Geils band, before J passed. I was happy to have seen Steve Miller a few years back. The Steve Miller band was on my short list of bands to see. Steve is still playing, but for how much longer??

As the song goes, "Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future"

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,425 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,501 Posts
RIP Neil!!!! I saw Rush twice when I was younger and it was hard to believe that the music that they made came from just three men! Neil Peart was one of those drummers who was just Mesmerizing to watch!

In my opinion, Neil Peart was one of the Best drummers, not only in Rock N Roll but in the world! His drumming style was Very efficient and there were no wasted movements or energy. That's what I've found about just about any job/Professional in that when you're that good, it looks easy, but that is far from the truth in this instance.

GOD Speed Neil! and Thanks for your contribution to the music world!

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,425 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts