Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will the order banks open for the HC? You guys said 3 different dates that didn't happen? When will order banks open for the HC??

·
Registered
334 Posts
I keep being told the week of the 16th from weeks ago the other dates I don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I think this is all Chrysler changing ,delaying and planning....

I think they are finalizing allocations.....

One dealer said they were told not to take more than 12 orders

.....another told me they were getting 20 (very large dealer)

...another smaller dealer said they were supposed to know their allocation this past Fri or Sat, but then Chrysler told them Sat it would be later than that.

They are all saying they wont be able to take customer ordered cars until Dodge sends them Hellcats configured how they think they will sell.

Seems Dodge is taking a lot of control over this Hellkitty for the initial batch going out.......

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I tend to concur with Rumpass but I have no inside knowledge. I hope the upper
brass at Dodge are stepping in to try to put a stop to the insane gouging because
it's only going to hurt sales and Dodge wants to sell these.. They don't plan on
selling 1200..... It's not cost effective to do all this work and sell a small number
or have them lay on lots because of the dumb fluck dealers playing games.

So here's to hoping they can try to get everything reigned in so people are happy.

I am patient.. It's not like I will be getting my car any time soon... My guess is I will
get stuck with delivery in the middle of winter and will wind up having to hire a trailer
to deliver.... That will be my luck! :)

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
They are all saying they wont be able to take customer ordered cars until Dodge sends them Hellcats configured how they think they will sell.

Seems Dodge is taking a lot of control over this Hellkitty for the initial batch going out.......

This is what doesn't make much sense to me...300 initial batch...I'm 100% sure 300 could be pre-sold/orders...in fact I personally know 4 local buddies ready to put deposits down...

So to ME it makes the most sense to do special orders to loyalists/fans like US and get us talking about the car and photos online and race events, car shows...and THEN start cranking them out for dealer allocations to be on the lot as they will sell...
At this dollar figure I want a VERY specific car, no extras and no wiggle room on paint, trans, etc. My current one I accepted nav and sunroof as it was the ONLY red manual within 500+ miles at the time (also thought the RedLine was too dark but only red option)...and won't do that again. I want TorRed and manual trans. No nav. No sunroof. No upgraded leather. Etc. I cannot bring myself to spend $62k for "pretty close to what I want..." so if they really are doing their own thing for config then I'd wait until that was over with and order. That doesn't make sense at all though and hopefully is just yet another rumor...why would Dodge want to pick their own config and ship the cars out when there are hundreds of us waiting with orders and checkbook in hand? Will the ones they setup sell? Yes of course...not many options anyway and lots of people waiting that want one of 3 colors...and MOST will be auto so they will move either way but I would *think* it's a priority to take care of people willing to make deposits and commit to the car sight unseen and not even having DRIVEN one...

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts
Mark T. was at Mopar Nationals with his white Hellcat this weekend in Ohio and was asked if production will be limited for Hellcats and he said no.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
As long as there is an order bank , they will build what they can sell.
This is NOT a one year model.
Heck ,they have already designated certain options for "late MY release".

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
This is what doesn't make much sense to me...300 initial batch...I'm 100% sure 300 could be pre-sold/orders...in fact I personally know 4 local buddies ready to put deposits down...

So to ME it makes the most sense to do special orders to loyalists/fans like US and get us talking about the car and photos online and race events, car shows...and THEN start cranking them out for dealer allocations to be on the lot as they will sell...
At this dollar figure I want a VERY specific car, no extras and no wiggle room on paint, trans, etc. My current one I accepted nav and sunroof as it was the ONLY red manual within 500+ miles at the time (also thought the RedLine was too dark but only red option)...and won't do that again. I want TorRed and manual trans. No nav. No sunroof. No upgraded leather. Etc. I cannot bring myself to spend $62k for "pretty close to what I want..." so if they really are doing their own thing for config then I'd wait until that was over with and order. That doesn't make sense at all though and hopefully is just yet another rumor...why would Dodge want to pick their own config and ship the cars out when there are hundreds of us waiting with orders and checkbook in hand? Will the ones they setup sell? Yes of course...not many options anyway and lots of people waiting that want one of 3 colors...and MOST will be auto so they will move either way but I would *think* it's a priority to take care of people willing to make deposits and commit to the car sight unseen and not even having DRIVEN one...
I agree with you on a certain level, but the 1 you will buy does not sell as many as the 1 in the showroom. JMO !

·
Registered
320 Posts
Total guess this week at the car show, but that's a complete guess thinking that because it's when the public gets to see the car first who knows.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I agree with you on a certain level, but the 1 you will buy does not sell as many as the 1 in the showroom. JMO !
In my case I disagree. I race my cars. Car shows a few times a month. I've been in a local magazine. Etc. not to mention being first year I have a plans in place for some social media exposure with a few pages that have thousands and thousands of followers. One car in a dealership would only be on the floor a few days before being sold I'd bet. Mine will be on display several days every month and plastered all over a few sites. Also the shop that does my performance work already talking with me about where we will start and promoting their shop for deals. Same with the custom wrap/tint shop I'm setup with. Lots in the works.

But your basic thought is likely true for many as they will buy it and garage it so they can tell their neighbor they own the fastest production muscle car. Mine is a special case. ;)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
In my case I disagree. I race my cars. Car shows a few times a month. I've been in a local magazine. Etc. not to mention being first year I have a plans in place for some social media exposure with a few pages that have thousands and thousands of followers. One car in a dealership would only be on the floor a few days before being sold I'd bet. Mine will be on display several days every month and plastered all over a few sites. Also the shop that does my performance work already talking with me about where we will start and promoting their shop for deals. Same with the custom wrap/tint shop I'm setup with. Lots in the works.

But your basic thought is likely true for many as they will buy it and garage it so they can tell their neighbor they own the fastest production muscle car. Mine is a special case. ;)
As special as we all think are cars are ....
I drove over 5000 miles last year for shows , doubt any of us are "SPECIAL" to Dodge ! JMO :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
When will the order banks open for the HC? You guys said 3 different dates that didn't happen? When will order banks open for the HC??
This whole thing reminds me of the story that went around for years when I owned my Corvette, It went like this! Hey How ya doing is that a 67? my response was no it's a 65 and then the person which could be male, female or kid would say Nice car I have a friend that has a friend that was going through the sunday paper and saw an ad for a 63 chevy 2 door for sale for 300.00 so he called and an old woman answered the phone, they made an appointment and when he got there the old woman was telling him on the way to the garage that it was her husbands and he died and she had no use for a car with only 2 seats, she opens the garage door and BAM there it was 1963 split window coupe in showroom condition, for 300 bucks, yeah right. This story had many variations from a 63 to a 67 435hp tri power cars and it was also either the old lady with the dead husband or the son's car that never returned from viet nam. The only thing the story had in common was it was a friend of a friend and no one in all the years of hearing the story all over the country had ever seen the car. My point is this Hellcat thing is getting to be like a story out of control. Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see. I know some people that have the inside track at Chrysler and they don't have any anwsers. If and when this car makes it anywhere 95% of the people are going to realize the one thing Chrysler said a while back was that only 5% of the buying public was going to get this car and even those 5% are sick of the BS. I sold my 13 SRT8 last week and bought a 14 R/T shaker #1523 it's a red on red 6 speed with every option that was available except an engine block heater, Chrysler said it is 1 of 1 shakers built this way, I was not going to pass this car up waiting for chrysler to get their s**t together, I am extremely happy with it and glad I did it. You can't even get a straight answer on SRT's or Scat pack cars, they keep saying things like shaker scat pack will be later in the year, B5 will be later, I think everybody that is waiting is going to be disappointed. By this time next year there will be plenty of everything to pick from at prices that won't be inflated by greedy dealers,probably even some low mileage used ones that people though they could afford and found out they couldn't. I really wish this forum would get off this Hellcat subject, it is really boring and I can't believe that it's only "the 5%" on this forum.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I tend to concur with Rumpass but I have no inside knowledge. I hope the upper
brass at Dodge are stepping in to try to put a stop to the insane gouging because
it's only going to hurt sales and Dodge wants to sell these.. They don't plan on
selling 1200..... It's not cost effective to do all this work and sell a small number
or have them lay on lots because of the dumb fluck dealers playing games.

They have done this with Viper, hell I've heard of dealers throwing birthday parties for the 13's as the 14 is being put along side of it. Chrysler is a model for Bankruptcy, I don't think this surprises anyone, they know if they get in to deep someone will bail them out, they have learned from the past but the lesson learned was not the right one.

·
Registered
320 Posts
OK someone point me to Chrysler making public dates Hellcat orders can be placed. I've only seen Chrysler state production will start Q3. Maybe a few reliable sources have put out order dates based on inside information. Maybe that was accurate at the time but has since changed. If so what's the big deal and why is it so difficult to rationalize that can happen with a new product line? Geez. The Hellcat's getting it's official public display this week and you know ordering will come up so I think all will be known soon. People (some) need to chill out IMO...

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
dealer confirmed Chrysler stated TODAY that ordering will open up August 18th...

·
Registered
678 Posts
I really wish this forum would get off this Hellcat subject, it is really boring and I can't believe that it's only "the 5%" on this forum.
I have a very simple solution for you then.....stop reading in the SRT Hellcat 6.2 Supercharged section if you dont want to hear about the Hellcat subject. As for me, then I guess I am part of the 5%. Pardon me for speaking for the rest of the "5%", but we would rather you not comment since you find it really boring anyway.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a very simple solution for you then.....stop reading in the SRT Hellcat 6.2 Supercharged section if you dont want to hear about the Hellcat subject. As for me, then I guess I am part of the 5%. Pardon me for speaking for the rest of the "5%", but we would rather you not comment since you find it really boring anyway.
Totally agree what the heck do you think we are going to talk about in the

"HELLCAT" SECTION!!

:cursin:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Totally agree what the heck do you think we are going to talk about in the

"HELLCAT" SECTION!!

:cursin:
Exactly, you know the guy sounds jealous, kind of like the Mustang guys that have been posting here! LOL :bangin:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts