Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O Goodie Goodie

Time to get the black beast out of storage. It has been a long dragging winter and seems like forever since I prepped and stored my ride.

I have checked on it regulary but have not started it once since storing it. I did little to it other than a full tank of gas with Stabil and some steel wool in the butt pipes so... it will be interesting to see how it cranks and spits when its woken up.

Can't wait until this weekend to get some more highway miles under my belt.

Here's to all other who have stored and are waiting :bigthumb:

Vroom!

·
Registered
472 Posts
IT LIVES!!!!!! Lol....that's what my neighbours (and yours too I'm sure) will be saying when my "Beastie" emerges from his winter slumber. I was going to take it out of the garage today, but its raining here so it will have to remain safely tucked away til after the weekend (Damn work! It always interferes with my play time!).

For those who have their cars out..make some Hemi music!

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back on the road again...

Ok - after a long, grueling and boring winter, we are finally back on the road again!

First oil change on Friday November 12th, followed by a memorable high-speed run on a cool windy road on Saturday November 13th (location is top-secret) and then I sadly put it to rest for the long cold winter :sleep:

Twenty Three weeks later (OMG that was long)... sitting alone through a cold CDN winter... wondering what I'd be in for trying to get the car out... wondering what the battery charge would be like... wondering if it would start... yadda yadda blah blah.

I cleared the mouse plugs from the exhaust pipes and cranked it over. Crank Crank Crank Vroom! Started on the third crank. It smoked for about 1 second and then slowly settled into a lovely sounding rumble (caught it on video but thought it might be a bit cheezy and groupie-like to upload it).

Drove back from the cottage to TO with a huge grin for all of 300 km! Had well over 1/2 a tank when I got home - love the top gear that comes with the six speed!

And the best part... I heard Apr 2 @ TMP was postponed so I will be able to head out for the Apr 9 meet and hopefully meet some of the great folks on this forum.

Let the season begin :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Drove back from the cottage to TO with a huge grin for all of 300 km! Had well over 1/2 a tank when I got home - love the top gear that comes with the six speed!

And the best part... I heard Apr 2 @ TMP was postponed so I will be able to head out for the Apr 9 meet and hopefully meet some of the great folks on this forum.

Let the season begin :thumbsup:
Sounds like you had a great day! In spite of TMP being closed yesterday, I got a few little bling items done, and a short yet fun cruise. Too bad I was so busy looking at the Challenger in front of me that I didn't notice another black one snuck up behind me for a short ways.:(

I will be at TMP on the 9th too. I hope I don't get your car confused with mine. I seem to have a habit of that.:notallthere:

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger Hellcat
764 Posts
It was a long wait fo sure,I did go to where it was stored every two weeks the start it up and give it ba run inside where it was stored but nothing like a road test.Took it home this weekend .Went to a meet in Duram last night,A good cleaning today covered and sitting at home waiting fo next weekend.
Robert

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
sure is great getting the cars out and running again for sure, it's like getting a new car all over again! As far as additives to the tank, I just don't do it, never had a problem with storing for less than 6 months. Could cause more problems imo. And as for the "mouse plugs", seems silly to me, I know it doesn't take much effort but exactly what are people worried about? They can't get far and even if they built a nest, one nice quick run through the gears and anything in there is long gone! I've stored cars for years and done nothing other than keep the batteries charged, it really is the only thing you need to do besides keeping the tank full. Safe cruising to everybody and enjoy the spring for those pulling from storage!!!:thumbsup::)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I did go to where it was stored every two weeks the start it up and give it ba run inside where it was stored but nothing like a road test.
Robert
You might want to look into opinions on this technique. It's your car but most people I hang with view this as a bad thing. The idea is that you introduce considerable moisture while "warming" the car up but without driving the car the moisture just sits in the oil pan and exhaust. There is really no need to warm the car up during storage, imo. Your choice, just throwing that out there.

The only thing I don't do that if I was really anal I might...would be to unload the vehicles weight off the wheel bearings. But again, pain in the butt, maybe not needed, and I've changed wheel bearings before and if I have to in 20 years or so...I will.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got my PCP RT classic in Sept. Drove it for 10 weeks and then stored it on Dec 9th. It's 17 weeks today and hopefully I'll get her out in a week or so??? It will be like getting a new car all over again, I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my PCP RT classic in Sept. Drove it for 10 weeks and then stored it on Dec 9th. It's 17 weeks today and hopefully I'll get her out in a week or so??? It will be like getting a new car all over again, I can't wait!
And you will still have that new car smell :liar: in season two!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts