Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,423 Posts
...dont forget to stock up on this!

Reactions: 2015SXT

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,966 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,742 Posts
Fender mounted turn signals were not available on the 1970 R/T or 340 pkg. If you had a non-performance model, you could order the Optional Light Package A01 (see photo, below). It also included an ashtray lamp, trunk lamp, glove box lamp, map/courtesy lamp, ignition switch lamp w/time delay, time delay instrument panel floodlight, buzzer, headlight-on reminder.

Personally, I would not drill holes in my car to install them.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,717 Posts
Smaller holes then hood pins!

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,707 Posts
Fender mounted turn signals were not available on the 1970 R/T or 340 pkg. If you had a non-performance model, you could order the Optional Light Package A01 (see photo, below). It also included an ashtray lamp, trunk lamp, glove box lamp, map/courtesy lamp, ignition switch lamp w/time delay, time delay instrument panel floodlight, buzzer, headlight-on reminder.

Personally, I would not drill holes in my car to install them.

View attachment 1008478
Dodge Challenger "Deputy". I wish they made a hood like that for the new Challengers.

·
Super Moderator
15,742 Posts
Dodge Challenger "Deputy". I wish they made a hood like that for the new Challengers.

The low priced Deputy (Option Code A93) was similar to the base Challenger hardtop with the following exceptions ;
  • The rear quarter windows were fixed in place by leaving out the regulator and bolting the track.
  • The rear window winder was deleted and the hole plugged with a chrome button.
  • The standard engine was the 198 6 cyl. with the 225, 318 and 383 (2v and 4v) optional.
  • The seats were the cheaper standard Plymouth Barracuda seats in black or white only.
  • The steering wheel is coachman grain like the Barracuda.
  • Things like dual horns, cigar lighter and night/day rear mirror were optional.
(Note- There are only six Deputies known to have been built with the 383 4bbl engine. Three with automatics and three with 4-speeds).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn’t mine mounting the blinkers on top like my hood pins but maybe I can machine something on my hood pins and drill a hole in the middle of the hood pin and install a led lite

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,423 Posts
Front blinkers
I guess I should be mentioned that the electrical architecture of the modern challengers is vastly different than that of the late 60's to early 70's mopars.
That architecture changed again in 2015, from previous 2008-2014 version.
I'd suspect there could be some hurdles to make 1970 style incadesant bulbs & relay tech, compatable with such, I doubt its a simple "splice it in" & drill some holes type hack.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts