Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yes the 1970 - 1974 4 speed Challengers had Pistol grip Hurst shifters
Well, that gives me another point to consider: Ball shifter or the more "correct" pistol grip. Although I'm sure there were plenty of aftermarket ball shifters on the classic Challengers, one advantage of the pistol grip is I could find one that would match the wood trim, which ought to look pretty nice.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
And good lord, I just looked at the Mr. Norm's. What the heck is that handle made of that it's almost as much as the entire Barton shifter?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well, went ahead and picked up the Norm's shifter handle. Still need to get the Barton shifter. I also ordered a skip-shift eliminator. I may go ahead and grab the Mopar quads, too. Get all of them installed at once.

I was also looking at louvers. Seems to be a lack of good options for aluminum louvers that don't have that godawful gap at the bottom. Dale's Cuda and Mr. Norm's seem to be the best-fitting aluminum louvers. But good lord are they expensive. Also, the Norm's only come in a hinged version...

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
203 Posts
...And does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a larger Challenger script logo that would correctly fill the rear plate? The fender logo is honestly too small to properly fill it.
Have you tried Year One?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
Those scoops look like they could have come on the car (y)

A Guy
Agreed, I like the look of the scoop, plus I like the Pentastar badge shown in another post.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So I'm quite a ways off from even considering this, but I figure it's never too early to at least plan for it:

What do you guys think as far as wheels? I was thinking either the Foose 323, or maybe the Foose Nitrous 202 with the traditional lip. I understand they're a bit on the pricey end, but both styles seem to have more of a retro flare. The question would be what diameter would I want for the rims? I think I've seen a lot of people preferring an 18" rim as opposed to the larger 20" the stock comes with.

I was also thinking of staggered wheels, with an oversized rear tire (not excessively so, but visibly) for that old school muscle car look. In which case, would I want to use a 12" rear with maybe a 9 or 10" front? Or keep 12" on the front and would it be possible to squeeze a 15" on the rear? I presume regardless of the width of the wheel, I'd use the same diameter front and rear, using a tire with a taller sidewall on the rear.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
203 Posts
Have you tried Year One?

Might try calling them to see if they can give you a measurement. But since they deal with people rebuilding the classics I'd think it would be the size your looking for.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The Foose will set you back about 6k and they Suck poor chroming on them.
Well, that's disappointing. Any other recommendations for original-style rims?

Might try calling them to see if they can give you a measurement. But since they deal with people rebuilding the classics I'd think it would be the size your looking for.
I sent them a message to see what the dimensions of the decklid badge are, thanks.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,372 Posts
Year one is OEM Licensed and to Spec that is what they do. They are OEM certified and have rights for full Reproduction for restorations to the absolute detail.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
If those two badges are the same size this comparison highlights my point: The light divider is bigger on the current Challenger, so the badge needs to be enlarged to more proportionately fill the space.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,372 Posts
Try to understand if your going for scale accuracy then your gonna have to custom order a Emblem by a company who does that could run you a few hundred bucks.
The Originals were designed for what they had Modern for what they have and no one makes an in between off shelf stock for such a thing. So choose lesser of the two being off.
Center the Original so its evenly framed around the emblem.

Here is one company who custom makes them....

41 - 60 of 101 Posts