Dodge Challenger Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I have painted for decades no Paint made has every given that Mirror look. Paint will never perfectly give a Chrome Effect the Nickle Material is needed and applied in a way to bring that. Some silvers do reflect decent but not to Chrome Pop especially on anything of size. There is home Kits for Plastic Chrome Plating but unless you got the coin its expensive.
Well, I got a response back from one of the two you suggested. Even for something that size they're quoting $400-500 for actual chroming. That's way more than I want to put into this one piece (if I were to spend that much, I'd rather it go towards finishing the PPF on the rear, or set it aside for a T hood). Hell, that's as much as some of the home kits run.

Still waiting on a quote from the second.

The seller of the paint A Guy suggested raved about it looking "just like" chrome when I asked about it. I figure for 30 bucks it wouldn't hurt to test spray it on something and see how it looks. It's not like I have a huge amount of surface area like a bumper to cover, just the tops of the letters, so it may not need to be perfect.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,372 Posts
When your trying to fabricate and do custom work it always starts to get expensive just part of the Joys we go through.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Incidentally, finally got a response from U.S. Mags on wheel recommendations. They suggested going with their Big Slot rims as a good match:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Flash photography

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The Foose are Boutique Designer concept and not really that accurate also they are nearly 6700.00 for a Set plus Tire Cost......
These are as close to perfect as you can currently find and yet no info where the Owner of this Challenger got them ... They are not over blown Acorn Cuts.
Your now discovering one of the most discussed Retro options for Challengers and with little at this time availbility.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
To me the slots are too big. This is the look. But don't know if anybody makes this style anymore.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
203 Posts
Not feeling those. Have to be Crager or Keystone knock-offs out there even the classic wheels from Dodge look better IMO

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
It's hard as is to find Retro Wheels for the Standard Body Challengers a wide body is going to make it more needle in Haystack.
Cragar is not doing Custom wheels anymore, and many company's are cutting back on models and production. Good Luck......
Sadly given that Foose might be only option in this case.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Like I said trying to find anything in a Retro Style Wide Wheel to fit a Modern Challenger will have to be fully Custom made / ordered the Cost is going to be very considerable to say the least.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts