Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Shaker
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to paddle shift to neutral to rev the engine as a show of force?
2016 R/T automatic

I don't want to shift up to neutral, Rev, and then shift back to manual mode.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Negatory

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer. Thanks for the reply.
So next time I'm sitting at a light with a weedeater next to me and he is revving his 1.2L, I'll have to put her in neutral, rumble back once, wait for idle, shift back to drive, then shift to manual mode. 😒🤓
I wish I could downshift to neutral with the paddle shifter.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Bummer. Thanks for the reply.
So next time I'm sitting at a light with a weedeater next to me and he is revving his 1.2L, I'll have to put her in neutral, rumble back once, wait for idle, shift back to drive, then shift to manual mode. 😒🤓
I wish I could downshift to neutral with the paddle shifter.
Not to put too fine a point on it but if you feel threatened/challenged by a "weedeater" with a 1.2L engine you got a problem.

You have a nice car. That should be enough to let you simply ignore the weedeater. That he's revving his engine signals he's the one with a problem.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
2016 R/T automatic
perhaps its best to leave the "rev battles" to the kids in high school with nothing better to do during lunch recess...
besides, there are plenty of weedeaters out there, even stock ones (evos, wrx-sti's,. etc) that will flat smoke a 5.7 R/T and they well know it, but you may not.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Rockster I don't feel threatened by anyone. It's more of "that's what you're into, nice. Now listen to mine". I never thought about it being a negative thing.
@hemi4us You hit the nail on the head. lol. Basically, when I pick up my kids from school, their friends and others like to hear me rev it up. It's all in good fun and my street racing days are long over.
And yes, I have a pretty good eye for the stock cars that can smoke me and I always point them out to my kids while driving.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
889 Posts
Just give it a brake torque, they'll hear it, and see the whole car ready to lunge. Or put on a smoke show

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
@Rockster I don't feel threatened by anyone. It's more of "that's what you're into, nice. Now listen to mine". I never thought about it being a negative thing.
@hemi4us You hit the nail on the head. lol. Basically, when I pick up my kids from school, their friends and others like to hear me rev it up. It's all in good fun and my street racing days are long over.
And yes, I have a pretty good eye for the stock cars that can smoke me and I always point them out to my kids while driving.
Well, things have changed. If as a kid I asked my Dad to race the engine when he picked me up at school -- which was rare as we kids had to walk (or bike) the 1+ mile to HS and back -- he would have ignored me.

Another owner wanted to do this but even when he shifted to neutral (or park) apparently a rev limiter kicked in and the engine would not rev over 4K.

This suggests it is not a good idea to rev the engine with the transmission in P or N even if you stay below 4K RPMs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just give it a brake torque, they'll hear it, and see the whole car ready to lunge. Or put on a smoke show
lol
I could just record an audio file of a launch and then play it back as needed with a loudspeaker.
Or just smoke the tires every time and buy stock in Discount Tire.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, things have changed. If as a kid I asked my Dad to race the engine when he picked me up at school -- which was rare as we kids had to walk (or bike) the 1+ mile to HS and back -- he would have ignored me.

Another owner wanted to do this but even when he shifted to neutral (or park) apparently a rev limiter kicked in and the engine would not rev over 4K.

This suggests it is not a good idea to rev the engine with the transmission in P or N even if you stay below 4K RPMs.
Now that I think about it, it doesn't sound the same when revving in neutral as it does when using torque.
I should invest in a Tazer to enable line lock instead.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,292 Posts
Speak softly and carry a big stick...

A Guy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With line lock your rear tires will easily go up in smoke. How about leaving kid games to kids. 1 Corinthians 13:11
It's all in good fun. I guess I'll always be a kid at heart. That's the first scripture I've ever heard that was compared to revving an engine. Lol

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
It's all in good fun. I guess I'll always be a kid at heart. That's the first scripture I've ever heard that was compared to revving an engine. Lol
There are actually a lot of car references in the bible..... :D

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
2016 R/T automatic

I don't want to shift up to neutral, Rev, and then shift back to manual mode.
The new Mustang GT500 does this rev with the paddles thing you are talking about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts