Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my '19 Challenger Scat Pack to the track for the first time. I bounced off the rev limiter all 3 times down the track. I have ordered a shift light to address the problem. What is the rev limiter setting on a '19 Challenger Scat Pack?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
For an A8 equipped car, check the SRT Drive Mode Setup. There is a Shift Light option and you can set the RPM level at which the shift light comes on.

A paste:

The Shift Light RPM Set-Up allows you to set the shift light
to actuate for gears 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5-8. By pressing and
releasing the up/down arrow buttons on the touchscreen
above and below each listed gear, the RPM values will
change in increments of 250 RPM. Pressing and holding the
arrows will change the RPM values in increments of 500
RPM, ranging from 2000–6000 RPM (6.2L) and 2000–6250
RPM (6.4L). The Shift Light setup screen may only be
accessed if the feature is enabled. Press the “Reset to
factory default” button on the touchscreen to change back
to factory settings, or press the “Shift Light Off” button on
the touchscreen to turn the system off completely.

Might mention the launch/shift technique that has some fans is to start in manual mode in 2nd gear. Upon launch move the shift lever to automatic mode then let the transmission controller handle the upshifts. 'course, the transmission shift mode will be set to "track" so shifts are as quick as they can be.

It is not clear if the feature also works with the manual transmission. If you have a manual transmission equipped car, you will have to call up the Drive Mode Setup screen and explore.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
632 Posts
It's 6400rpm, but the PCM starts reducing power above 6300rpm as it approaches 6400. Best to shift by 6200.

These are tables from the PCM on a 2015 Scat 6M.

The PCM will retard timing and close the throttle by 6400. If it pushes past 6400, the 6600rpm limit is fuel cut-off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,182 Posts

Might mention the launch/shift technique that has some fans is to start in manual mode in 2nd gear. Upon launch move the shift lever to automatic mode then let the transmission controller handle the upshifts. 'course, the transmission shift mode will be set to "track" so shifts are as quick as they can be.
That is what I would do, until I got used to launching at least.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
That is what I would do, until I got used to launching at least.
While you can get used to launching after launch every shift has be to made at just the point before the engine rev limiter kicks in. If after launch you move the lever to automatic mode the transmission controller will up shift at the same point every run and I would expect the up shift to occur just short of when the rev limiter kicks in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts