Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I can tell the previous owner of my '14 SXT installed HID foglights.

I'm not sure if they ever worked but I know they don't work now and the bulbs sitting in the car look to be HID bulbs.

Its been on my to-do list for a few years now to revert the bulbs back to just normal halogen bulbs (or LED bulbs) and then take it to the dealership to get flashed if needed.

I just hope no wires were spliced when the previous owner did this to the car...

I haven't yet taken those panels in front of the wheels off to get a look at it yet but from what I've read I'll just need to remove the ballasts and wires with it and replace with HID bulb with the halogen and reconnect to the OEM wiring?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,016 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,425 Posts
Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car is in the shop right now having some hit and run damage repaired but once its out I'm gonna try and get the fog lights taken care of.

I'll try and update once I get around to it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,016 Posts
If the shop will let you, good time to look is when it's on a lift :)

A Guy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shop wouldn't let me. The repairs were done through insurance and they were hesitant to even let me get something out of the car that I had left.

Here are pictures of the fog lights though. I can't quite tell if they are OEM or not. They look OEM and as far as I can tell the bulbs are HID bulbs. May not be able to tell based on the pictures alone though.

The previous owner installed the automatic lights switch too so I think I'm going to buy the 68230114AA which I believe is the correct sun sensor so that automatic headlights will work properly. Cause right now they turn on with the car and off with the car rather than based on levels of daylight.

Based on other threads here, that may mean the car has already been flashed for automatic headlights at least but maybe not for fogs.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts