Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
553 Posts
Guess that's the commercial to go with the Mötley Crüe contest.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Nice......love that Shaker...... baby...... That oughta sell a few Challengers ........:5:

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I just need them to build mine in time to get the rebate :(

Reactions: mr_udy

·
Registered
624 Posts
I dont know if I would have chose those guys who half *&% cars to do a commercial for the challenger....but they can be entertaining to watch. Gas monkey is a joke...now a real mopar show is Graveyard Carz

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
If I was basing a decision to buy on the talent/personalities of their commercials Rich Rawlings would drive me away from Dodge.
Now in THIS commercial the product is selling itself without the need for a sophomoric doofus in stupid tennis shoes

Reactions: mpva141

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
I want the green `69 Super Bee on the lift in the background...........

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
If I was basing a decision to buy on the talent/personalities of their commercials Rich Rawlings would drive me away from Dodge.
Now in THIS commercial the product is selling itself without the need for a sophomoric doofus in stupid tennis shoes

Hmmmm............. Rich Rawlings is no worse than Will Ferrell or Joan Rivers...... :pillepalle: But I agree with you IDMT FF they don't need ANY TV personalities to sell the Challenger.

This is still my favorite.................. :5:

Followed by this one..........

and then this one.................

·
Registered
113 Posts
Gas Monkey

Wow The Gas Monkey Likes a Dodge! I never thought of Him as a Mopar guy LOL.
Fast n Loud is a OK show .Just not enough Mopar's

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I don't have velocity channel on my cable but do get the one gas monkey is on so I'd say Rawlings has a larger audience overall.
Any tv exposure for the Challenger is good.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The last episode I saw he was driving a 70s Challenge RT and a guy in a new RT pulled him over to buy it. Its an entertaining show.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rawlings himself is a Mopar guy...he has (or had, don't know if he still has it) a GWE Challenger SRT.

Some of the cars on the show they do kind of half-ass, but some of them they do good work on (recently they did Pre-production Pontiac Firebirds body #1 and body #2). They restored them to Concourse Spec for the Pontiac Museum.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yea it seems like they are doing a better job on the cars as time goes on...I watch it every now and then when I can't find overhaulin or any other decent car shows on. Everyone has their own preference...in the end its the entertainment business so I guess I shouldn't expect it to make sense lol.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I watch it some,I know the bearded guy hates Dodges.He pretty much has said it
They had the old 60's Dodge pickup with an original 383'pulrled it in favor of a Chevy motor.
I guess that pretty much sums it up.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Rawlings himself is a Mopar guy...he has (or had, don't know if he still has it) a GWE Challenger SRT.
if that is true he is OK in my book...lol

they can make all the cool commercials they want but if they never get aired what is the point. the only time i ever see challenger commercials is on youtube.

then again i hardly watch TV... but i still think they don't air em like they should

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,017 Posts
I watch it, sometimes it's funny and pointless, but it has cars and sometimes sexy girls.. I try not to read too much into it, but it is enjoyable at times.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
if that is true he is OK in my book...lol

they can make all the cool commercials they want but if they never get aired what is the point. the only time i ever see challenger commercials is on youtube.

then again i hardly watch TV... but i still think they don't air em like they should
I saw the first commercial the other night when I was watching Person Of Interest.

·
Super Moderator
15,168 Posts
I like the show and was glad to see Dodge using the Fast N' Loud's show's popularity to market the Shaker Challenger. What makes the show stand out is Richard Rawling's personality.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts