Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Ride of the Month returns! April ROTM Submission Thread

22K views 116 replies 60 participants last post by  jmac65 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the (revived) Challenger of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all "legal" modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the vehicle being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Good luck!

-Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey, cool. I'll go first.
2018 Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker, options in my signature line.
Only thing non stock is the "Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire" decal around the gas cap.
Technically a 1 of 1 car, like thousands of other non typical combinations, apparently its closest sister car has red calipers vs my black 6 pots.
Pic #1, me and the beast getting fueled up at Sheetz

Pic #2 parked outside on the street with spring fever, rarin' to go.

and for pic #3, I'll go artsy fartsy

#4 ·
I believe I should abstain, and besides, who could compete :p Good luck everyone. My problem, I like them all. I believe I will wait until later in the month to like

A Guy

#12 ·
to grab some excerpts of a well known lyric:

"I see a red door
And I want it painted black
No colors anymore
I want them to turn black...

...I see a line of cars
And they're all painted black"

#5 ·
My 2021 SXT. I love the Octane Red/Ruby Red & Black combo. Only mod so far are the Mopar hood pins.
The front shot:
Car Vehicle Sky Vehicle registration plate Grille

The front quarter shot:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

The interior:
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

#8 ·
One of my favorite pictures. Lighting is bad, there's an ugly piece of track equipment in the frame, but oooooh, what a stance!

This one is from MSHS Atco, 2019. Plenty of Hellcat snobs didn't think much of the 1320 package (being NA and all)...until they saw this:

This one is a still from the MotorTrend/ NOS Energy Drink commercial that was shot using my car. I just like the angle, the juxtaposition of the "arrow" of the starter's pit and the car.

#10 ·
I suppose I should have done this 10 years ago, but it's never too late right? So here goes:
1. Three recent photos
A. In shade, front left angle
B. In bright sun, right rear angle
C. Modified engine bay - which looks completely stock (if you don't know what you are looking at).

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Plant
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Window
Hood Vehicle Car Yellow Personal luxury car

2. Legal Modifications:
Factory (Mopar-Bucks) Add-ons*:
* Thanks to my cousin a retired Chrysler exec
Dual Quad-tips, Reflective AAR Stripes, Challenger SRT8 floor matts, Chrome door sills, Mopar short-throw shifter, Sequential tail-lights

Modifications:
Interior:Custom interior with color-matched stitching and embroidery, orange/black perforated insert, body-color-matched stripe
SRT-logo Steering wheel/Airbag
Performance Mods:
Engine:Ray Barton 392 BGE, Stupid CAM, 2.9L Whipple SuperCharger, Ported Apache heads, 830+ RWHP, 740+ lb-ft torque, 15 lb boost
Transmission:Tick Performance re-geared (2.66-1st, 1.78-2nd, 1.30-rd), converted to 26-spline Tremec-6060, cryo'ed, polished and pumped,
McCleod twin-disc clutch
Additional:
DSS:Aluminum 1200lb-ft driveshaft, 1200 lb-ft half-shafts
AAD Performance:Complete suspension arms/torsion/control (front&rear) set (fully-adjustable)
Whiteline:Complete Chasis/Suspension poly-bushing set (all 38)
Eibach:Front and Rear anti-torsion bars
WeldCraft Wheels:Split/widened 20X10 Factory Black Pocket Inaugural Edition Wheels
SpeedLogix/RacersEdge:Adjustable Torsion end-links, Subframe Connectors, Front Strut-tower brace.
Dual HP fuel pumps, Duel fuel open-loop high volume lines
Coil-overs (lowered)
6-Piston Brembos & 2-piece rotors
Reworked/re-inforced GetRag Diff
HellCat hood and Spoiler w/rear-view camera
Refinished High-gloss-Black IE Black Pocket wheels
High-flow independent oil heat-exchanger
High-flow independent transmission heat-exchanger
Custom exhaust, High-flow High-heat cats
Lower cost mods:Custom engine compartment detailing, undercarriage protection coating, Custom struct-tower covers

4. Favorite Aspects:
I love the fact the car can change color, even the side stripes!
I love the fact my youngest daughter is pleased to inherit this car (she can hardly wait - even though it means my demise). It warms my heart to see her enjoy the car as much as I do.
I really enjoy the feeling of raw power; lifting the front end, getting that rocket ship feel under boost, and the cornering stability with the upgraded suspension.
I enjoy going to car shows, my Toxic Orange (aka "CatchMeCopper") is a big draw to enthusiasts of all types. I RARELY see another.

#14 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

71 "Challenger" emblems on fenders
71 "DODGE" emblem on front grill
71 "Challenger" emblem on rear
71 Chrysler pentastar on passenger side
71 "RT" stripe on side and hood
71 style pistol grip shifter
71 Style Rallye Wheels
71 Style hood pins
71 style 392HEMI engine callout on hood
71 style faux rear quarter brake vents
71 style quad exhaust tips
Changed fog light color to amber
Tire Stickers white letters on tires
Chrome door handles
Painted hood scoops B5 blue
Chrome surround on side marker/rear tail lights
Painted rear valance and rocker panels B5
Engine bay enhancements

I get the biggest kick out of the joy people exhibit when they see the '71 RT next to an almost mirror image of the '15.

#15 ·
Last September I purchased a 2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 with the promise that it had Sport Mode settings and would work well on a road course...wrong! I just traded that vehicle for a 2016 Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl Challenger Hellcat with 1,261 miles. The prior owner only drove the car once or a year or so and it sat in the garage under two car covers.

#16 ·
C'Mon, only 8 entries with all the awesome cars on this site?! You're all proud of your cars, so post em up! If it doesn't "win", you still haven't lost ;) Don't make me post up my lowly SXT :p

A Guy

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man
#17 ·
OK, my hat's in the ring. New 21' SPWB Shaker M6. Picked up late Friday. Every available option except NAV. No mods except for detail shop work. Haven't had time yet! My favorite thing about this awesome machine so far? The incredible sound of that 392! Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up every time I crank her up! :)
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Oops, sorry for the Banana but it came off before the end of the photo shoot. But I thought these were the best shots. ;)

Oh, and I agree. C'mon guys (and Gals)!!!

#19 · (Edited)
Here is mine

2018 Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker

Options are Shaker, Dynamics Package, Leather Interior Group, Red Brake Calipers & Bumblebee Stripe

Mods I have at the moment are...
1. Billet Tech Oil Catch Can
2. Mopar Front Strut Tower Brace

I have lots of favorite moments with my car. But one that stands out is taking a long drive on I-75 and letting the Lion out to play.

Photos are not the best, but here they are...

#25 ·
Nice. Question, how do you like the Race Bullets? To you, how did they change the sound of the car? Bought an exact same set for mine and am going to talk to my dealer about installing them on my 21' Scat this week. No concerns with voiding your exhaust warranty? Thanks.

Reactions: trigger657
#21 · (Edited)
‘19 AWD SXT Plus. Fell in love with the color years ago at the NYC auto show and it was like a beacon drawing me to it. I knew it would eventually be in my garage in some form.

Living in the Northeast and needing AWD I opted for the V6 because of the AWD option. Not the quickest by any means but still looks kick ass to me and have even won a couple of shows with it.

Mod list after pics.

AirAid CAI ~ Matte black fuel door ~ Hood stripes ~ Rear spoiler stripe ~ Splash guards ~ Luxe tinted tail lights, 3 layer center divider and sunroof flag ~ Diablo headlight rings ~ Weathertech floor and trunk liner ~ Oracle laser style LED side markers ~ OPT 7 Ultra Glow LED fog lights ~ American Brothers body color emblems, interior knob body color kit and body color lock bezel - Body color grill surround overlay ~ Fog light carbon fiber overlay ~ Various carbon fiber and sublime green interior pieces ~ Authority Motorsport diffuser ~ Dodge retro quarter panel decal set ~ Quarter window flag decals ~ MP Concepts splitter with ZL1 rods ~ Barton t-handle shifter ~ Hydro dipped engine parts ~ iDrive throttle controller ~ Ported throttle body ~ Viper replica wheels

#22 · (Edited)
My 2014 Limited Edition R/T Shaker

Manual 6 speed, 392 stroker - balanced and blue printed, polished and ported heads, custom Comp Cam, JBA long tube headers, JBA X-pipe with flow-thru cats, JBA cat-back exhaust, Magunson super charger at 14 lbs, Fastman throttle body, Fore Innovations L2 dual fuel pump, 180° thermostat, DriveShaftShop 1000HP aluminum one piece drive shaft, DriveShaftShop 1400HP axles, McLeod RXT dual plate racing clutch, hybrid syncros in the TR-6060, Barton OEM shifter, skip shift eliminator, CVD delete, Moroso catch can, 4 point shock tower brace, 4 point strut tower brace, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline cradle bushings, Fluidyne aluminum radiator, Moroso custom billet coolant tank, Fluidyne radiator and a High Horse Performance custom tune. A-pillar pod with boost, wideband and oil pressure gauges, and overhead console pod with voltage and fuel pressure gauges. A Raptor shift light, Sprint Booster and AutoBlip. ZAutomotive burnout box. Mopar hood pins and an APR splitter. A dash rug, real purdy pedals all round, Mopar billet rocker covers and a Barton short-shifter with my stock pistol grip on top of it positioned as far left as I could get it. Forgestar C5 Gunmetal 18", 8" wide front and 18", 9.5" wide rear wheels with Nitto 245/55 Motivos in front and Nitto 295/45 555G2s in the rear.

69299.jpg

67823.jpg

#31 ·
My 2014 Limited Edition R/T Shaker

Now if you going to have a ride of the month - THIS is what I am thinking about! No disrespect to those who (just) drive their call off the lot and thinks it's the snizzle. Doing something like this shows investment, passion and worthy of a "wow" from folks.

#24 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Hood
Hood Light Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
So...i'll give it a shot. 2019 1320 R/T IndiGo Blu. (PBM). Automatic.Ordered May 2019, picked up from dealer July 2019 Rear seat delete installed after purchase. Oil catch can installed. Also added a driveshaft safety loop. When not at track, a full 3" Hooker Stainless exhaust system with factory tips. When at track, Hooker Blackheart Stainless open headers. 2 different sets of RaceStar wheels, one set chrome with Hoosier Slicks & front skinnies. 2nd set of RaceStar wheels are black with M/T 305s and front skinnies.1st Pic- in garage/barn. 2nd Pic-Unloaded at dealer for pick-up. 3rd Pic-view of installed Hooker Stainless Blackheart Headers. Personal best 1/4 mile, 11.71 @ 115 Aug.2019. Hope to drop a couple of tenths later this year. As of today has 2426 miles on the clock. Favorite aspect: Sitting at starting line with open headers just before launch!

#27 ·
What the hell...... 18 HC M6, carbon bits, billet stuff, Barton, that's about it so far. Favorite thing is driving it through the parking lot able to tap the gas for a bit of roar while feathering the clutch!!

#29 · (Edited)
Here's my 2020 SP WB, and yes, my best pictures are taken out back of my local Costco!
Favorite mod is the 2020 Hellcat Daytona Warp Speed Satin wheels I just had mounted last week. Happy Birthday to me!
The rest of my mods are in my signature.

Portland, OR

#74 ·
One of my favorite colors. Heard they discontinued the color. Might do an upgrade to a 2016-17 Hellcat in Destroyer Grey.

Wow, one of the best and most unique looking r/t’s I’ve ever seen
You bet he'll get another..... ;)

Thanks for bringing this back. I love seeing so many very cool Challengers!

This is my 2015 Challenger SRT 392. It just celebrated its 6th Birthday on April 11th. I bought it in December 2017 when it had just 1,367 miles on it ... now it's at 29,975.

Legal Mods: Mopar T/A-style CAI, Mopar Front Strut Brace and Strut Tower Caps, Barton Shifter with a Speed Dawg Shift Knob.

Every time I start it up ... I smile. Every time I run through the gears ... I smile. When I happened to catch Boston's More Than A Feeling while sitting at a traffic light near my old high school ... I went back in time 40+ years to my '68 Charger R/T ... and I smiled. And last summer my wife took it on a trip from Florida to the Smoky Mountains and logged about 1,500 miles. And when we made a couple of runs over The Tail of The Dragon, we both smiled!

View attachment 1020086 View attachment 1020087 View attachment 1020088
Pretty car. B5 Great Color. Reminds me of my 1st one.

#33 ·
I’m humbled by all of the stunningly beautiful Challengers posted in this thread and I’ve had to stop and wipe the drool off of my laptop several times! Here is my car: 2018 TA 392 M6 in F8 Green. Legal modifications include: Window tinting, engine compartment bling including F8 Green painted accoutrements, Katzkin leather interior with copper thread to match shifter, Hellcat sized rear tires and wheels, exhaust cutouts - operated by interior switch to remain legal, rear window louvres, car lowered approx. 2”. Favorite thing? Out of 4 Challengers I’ve owned, I feel like this one is the coolest looking AND it is the same color as my first car that I ever owned!

#34 ·
I’m humbled by all of the stunningly beautiful Challengers posted in this thread and I’ve had to stop and wipe the drool off of my laptop several times! Here is my car: 2018 TA 392 M6 in F8 Green. Legal modifications include: Window tinting, engine compartment bling including F8 Green painted accoutrements, Katzkin leather interior with copper thread to match shifter, Hellcat sized rear tires and wheels, exhaust cutouts - operated by interior switch to remain legal, rear window louvres, car lowered approx. 2”. Favorite thing? Out of 4 Challengers I’ve owned, I feel like this one is the coolest looking AND it is the same color as my first car that I ever owned!
View attachment 1019780

View attachment 1019783

View attachment 1019784

View attachment 1019781
My lord that is striking! But I am biased, green is my favorite color!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.