Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last week I got the 16 piece rally stripe kit. I got a different hood design to make it my own which RiderGraphix was kind enough to assist in just charging me for the 16 piece while swapping the hoods. When we started to install the materials however, we found the material to be extremely thin, which compared to other suppliers which were thicker and smoother after installation. We also noticed that some of the vinyl had other pieces on it that we had to peel off before installing it and some even had dust or dirt and scratches on it as we opened them. Overall I'm pleased with how well they turned out and it looks great and I'll post pictures once they're presentable, however the trunk and parts of the roof especially are so poor quality that Id rather not showcase it. Has anyone else dealt with RiderGraphix before and had this problem? I'm 50/50 on these guys. Heard a lot of good reports on them and the designs and service was spot on. However the quality of the materials is the bitter sweet part of the deal.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Interesting.

Rider doesn't specify the manufacturer of the vinyl they use but it's Avery.

I've seen comments here from others that Avery is considered very good quality but saw a comment at PFYC - PartsForYourCar.com - Performance Parts and Accessories for Your Late Model Vehicle that though they sell vinyl from Avery, 3M and Ritrama they feel that Avery has 'consistency issues' and recommend one of the others.

I had written to Rider asking for a couple of small swatches to be mailed in an envelope and they pointed me towards a single color chart sheet of tiny pieces they sell for $15.

Other vendors happily mailed me swatches and I simply emailed Avery and they sent me a whole book of their entire lineup (ie multiple pages of the same thing Rider wants $15 for *plus* larger pieces of the specific examples I had asked about). I was very impressed with Avery's customer service.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm just disappointed in how this turned out. After hearing so many good things about Rider to have this turn up. Hopefully one of them see this and rectify the situation because I emailed them on friday and haven't heard back from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.