Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to go ballastic. For those that have followed my http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/bad-gas-tank-598786/ thread. Picked her up Wednesday evening (two weeks to the day). Test drove the Scat Pack. Got in my car and see the tank hasn't been filled (bad sign) and the shop is now closed. Ok I think, have faith, home I go. Ride the bike to work Thursday. Drive the Challenger today and just ran out at lunch to get gas...... THE DAMN GAUGE ISN'T READING FULL!!!!!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Enhance your calm John Spartan. I am sorry to hear that it is not fixed. Ask the dealer to make it right. Shame, you may have just needed a sender. I hope all goes well for you from here.

Tom.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They "claim" the gauge and both senders tested good. I forgot to ask if the new tank came with new senders. For a near $2200 tank and labor repair I would think the were included.....

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had to replace a saddle tank on a 300C for a leak. It only came with the roll-over valve. No senders or pump.
Wish you well on a final repair.

Tom

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
*UPDATE* Dealer called Friday afternoon and said they had a loaner car for me. It's a beater 300, but it runs and the A/C works so I'm good. They say they would call Saturday and let me know what they found wrong, if can't be fixed same day they will put me in a better car. Guess what?? No call Saturday!! Oh well I reckon they'll call when they want their car back .....

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
*UPDATE* Dealer called Friday afternoon and said they had a loaner car for me. It's a beater 300, but it runs and the A/C works so I'm good. They say they will call Saturday and let me know what they find wrong, if can't be fixed same day they will put me in a better car. Guess what?? No call Saturday!! Oh well I reckon they'll call when they want their car back .....
make sure that you get your car back with a full tank.

I remember bringing my other car in (sender issue) - and when I got it back, only had 1/3 tank of fuel...(not a FCA dealer)

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Crap, hate to hear this after two weeks of "getting fixed"

Looks like they obviously missed the real problem causing this issue with the gage reading.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SHE'S FINALLY HOME!!!!

Instrument cluster #7 installed

Told the salesman to run me numbers trading on a white Scat Pack. I'm sure too far apart but what the hell let them salivate a little LOL

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
SHE'S FINALLY HOME!!!!

Instrument cluster #7 installed

Told the salesman to run me numbers trading on a white Scat Pack. I'm sure too far apart but what the hell let them salivate a little LOL
I think you have the record for the number of IP clusters replaced

Was it due to EL sheet (provides the backlighting for gauges) failing? [i.e., dark spots]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you have the record for the number of IP clusters replaced

Was it due to EL sheet (provides the backlighting for gauges) failing? [i.e., dark spots]
The original and the next 5 were due to black spots and/or flickering mileage,temp, etc. This last one was due to the fuel gauge not hitting full.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know what they did to my car but she's running STRONG. Flash update of some sort maybe??

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I don't know what they did to my car but she's running STRONG. Flash update of some sort maybe??
My car went the other way when the dealership got their hands on it. It went from having a really touchy throttle and incredible acceleration to feeling like a normal car. Of course, they didn't do anything...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They in effect did a fuse #2 pull for you when they disconnected power to do the repairs.
I've done the fuse #2 pull several times ... this feels different. Starting to wonder if the gas tank issue was somehow not allowing full fuel flow to the engine??

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I've done the fuse #2 pull several times ... this feels different. Starting to wonder if the gas tank issue was somehow not allowing full fuel flow to the engine??

Well, the good news from this, is that it'll help get that SP out of your mind! LOL

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, the good news from this, is that it'll help get that SP out of your mind! LOL
Funny thing .... they called me yesterday and I threw out a "starting point" number, laughing as I did thinking no way. They left me a message asking a few questions about mine and saying they were very close :surprise:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Funny thing .... they called me yesterday and I threw out a "starting point" number, laughing as I did thinking no way. They left me a message asking a few questions about mine and saying they were very close :surprise:
Dealers always say they are close even if they aren't, they want to keep that conversation going until they can wear you down... ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts