Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,128 Posts
that's a cast wheel - I doubt with as far as that one is damaged, it probably would crack trying to form it back

it would probably be better to source a replacement wheel

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Man, that's a hard hit. If it were my wife I'd get a new tire and rim, neither can be trusted anymore for safety. Then have the suspension inspected for damage and alignment. Then give her a hug because I would know she feels bad about it and wasn't hurt.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Looks like that took a pretty hard hit. You may want to inspect the undercarriage and associated parts too. I’d also recommend that you take a picture of the front of the wheel to show exactly what you are trying to replace.
Agree, a good collision shop needs to check for damage or something bent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
11,401 Posts
If the Challenger in question is the wife’s daily driver, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to consider replacing the 20” wheels and tires with a set of 18” wheels and tires off an SXT or base R/T. They can absorb curb strikes like that and come away undamaged the majority of the time.

·
Registered
2018 Plum M6 Scat Pack with Shaker
316 Posts
Price the rim from a salvage yard, compare to dealer replacement. Have the vehicle inspected at the dealership.

Then decide on repairing it at your expense or filing an insurance claim.

·
Registered
2011 SXT
4,852 Posts
Would not fix it even if it could be that will crack the metal and likely to bust not worth the risk.
You can also check your Local Craigslist and Offerup see if anyone has used ones or Ebay by a reputable seller.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,813 Posts
Part number 6MN94RNWAA

Likely reconditioned, but

Reconditioned

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,813 Posts
Darn honey, replacement wheel not available...will have to get these new wheels...

A Guy

·
Registered
188 Posts
You sure your wife didn't let my wife drive?
ROFL! Best post of the year :)

That said, the tire shop we got our after-market wheels and tires from sold our OEM Rims to a company in Pasadena, CA that stocks a warehouse full of OEM wheels. I never got their name. Supposedly, they sell them mostly to body shops. Maybe there is a company like this near you. I would call some good tire and wheel shops in your area and ask them. If you want the guy in Pasadena, CA, call Tucker Tires at (626) 332-1142 and see if they will refer you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts