Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Richard Hammond, one of the former hosts of Top Gear,recently lost control of a $1 million electric Rimac Concept One supercar and crashed into a house while driving in Switzerland. Hammond was driving the car for a segment that was set to air on The Grand Tour, a car-enthusiast show on Amazon Video. Jeremy Clarkson, a co-host on the show said that the incident was the “biggest crash I’ve ever seen and the most frightening.”

Here is a video of the firey crash. He was lucky to escape with only a fractured knee. I'm glad he is alright. I always liked him since he fell in love with a Hemi-orange SRT that he tested, despite being criticized by his other Top Gear hosts.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Can't really tell from the footage what was the cause (or causes) of the accident nor may you be able to tell much from the charred remains. What is puzzling, however, is a vehicle with that much power and torque does not have a rear spoiler to help keep the rear end planted in the twisties. I remember an old Top gear when the Stig lost it in a Koenigsegg that did not have a rear spoiler. The Rimac looks eerily similar.

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't it look like he entered that turn too fast and the back end kicked out?

·
Registered
678 Posts
That's the second very serious crash for Hammond, the first was in a top fuel dragster that left him comatose with brain injuries for a week or so. I wonder at what point he might consider a career change. I hope he doesn't, I love the show...but he doesn't really need the money and he does have a family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts