Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting ads showing these Rimblades/Rimsavers ( https://www.rimbladesusa.com/ ) and was wondering if anyone has, or has ever had them installed on their wheels. I've always liked those Redline wheels, and thought that maybe with all the black on my wheels and tires a thin ring of white would look nice. Of course they look nice in the pics, but wondering if they'd look cheap or brake dust would damage them.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts
There was some discussion about Alloygators here at one time

A Guy

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
The Goodyear Eagle Sport - All Season tire has rim protection built in. I like them. Wish the previous owner had used them, he/she managed to scrape all four corners on curbs. :(

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Goodyear Eagle Sport - All Season tire has rim protection built in. I like them. Wish the previous owner had used them, he/she managed to scrape all four corners on curbs. :(
Ouch! Then again, some people just drive and don't care too much about things like crunching wheels into curbs.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just answered my own question here. I opened a pic of my car in "Paint" and applied some white rings, even though not very evenly because I suck at anything related to being artistic, and noticed that if I put these rings on my wheels, the car would end up looking more like it had those "White Walls" that my father used to love on his cars. So, think I'm gonna pass.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Ouch! Then again, some people just drive and don't care too much about things like crunching wheels into curbs.
That's true, not everyone is as in love with their cars as we are and tend to "park-by-feel."

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Well, I just answered my own question here. I opened a pic of my car in "Paint" and applied some white rings, even though not very evenly because I suck at anything related to being artistic, and noticed that if I put these rings on my wheels, the car would end up looking more like it had those "White Walls" that my father used to love on his cars. So, think I'm gonna pass.
go red, they will look like Mickey Thompson red lines.... (the old hot wheels)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was once considering these. However, from a rim "protection" point of view, I don't think these will actually provide much in the way of any significant protection from what seems to be one of the most common ways rims get damaged, curb rash. They may offer an option for minor cosmetic customization though..

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you were going to actually do it, why wouldn't you just go with black? I would think that black would hardly even be noticeable, beings it's the same color as the tires, and also the same color as the rims on yours and a lot of other's cars nowadays too.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I'm a sucker. I ordered a set of Rim savers in red.

If they look stupid, I can just take them off and call it my mistake of the day. :frown:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts
As long as you're buying...

download.jpg

A Guy >:)

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm a sucker. I ordered a set of Rim savers in red.

If they look stupid, I can just take them off and call it my mistake of the day. :frown:
LOL! Let us see how they look once you get them on.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you were going to actually do it, why wouldn't you just go with black? I would think that black would hardly even be noticeable, beings it's the same color as the tires, and also the same color as the rims on yours and a lot of other's cars nowadays too.
I was actually thinking about doing this for appearance, opposed to actual protection. Some of the cars shown look really nice with them. I just may buy some red ones and see how they look.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
LOL! Let us see how they look once you get them on.
They should arrive this weekend.

I'll post pictures so you guys can decide "thumbs up", or did I lose my mind. :crazy:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
486 Posts
A cheaper way of seeing how they may look on your car would be to just buy the Wheel Rim Trim Tape, which cost about $15. They are not rim protectors but you'll get a pretty good feel for what they'll look like, for less money.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
So my Rim savers got here. I wasn't real impressed at first when I opened the package. I was expecting them to be wider, but I guess it's hard to make these generic enough that they can be used on all wheels.

In installing them, there is a lip on them, so you can use your thumb to guide it around the outer edge of the rim.

The results are subtle, but I can joke and say I have the Redline package now, can't I??

The before and after pics....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts
What do you think?

A Guy >:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts