Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, guys I want some real help here. Don't dance around your comments. I am going to get my Rimblow steering wheel restored and want you guys to tell me exactly what you think.

I have a White interior in my 'Cuda and I want to know if a white steering wheel center cap would look good, bad, and/or ugly.

I have never seen one in a car before and thought it would really stand out as something different. Different is good as long as it is cool.

I don't want to hear "do what you want, it is your car" I want to know what someone coming up to my car looking in the window will think.

Thanks guys

P.S. Please do not move this to the classic section, I was wanting to get some traffic.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've never seen one either. If i walked up to the car....my jaw would just drop. It would look great and completely set it off.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The white cap will look fantastic... I say do it... The black looks drab... Wait, do what your wifes says, she told you to order that hot combo Billet w/gray stripe... lol Happy wife, Happy life!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
i think it would look awful. i love a white interior, but don't don't over do it. i think it would contrast with all the black on the dash and cluster.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I am getting mixed answers. Thank you guys for your honest opinions. I have not gone either way yet. Part of my restoration will be buying a new center cap. The color has not been chosen yet. Please keep your responses coming.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think the white center cap would look pretty cool. The steering wheel may be a PITA to keep clean though.

IMHO, I think the Black cap with a white 'Cuda not just the silver. Leave the steering wheel black.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd actually be tempted to get both, depending on how easy it was to replace (15min job or weekend adventure).

The white is showy'ier and definitely more eye-catching for that. It's also be overbearing for me if I was driving a long distance etc. It would also get dirty pretty easily (especially if you have a dirty hands type of job).

The black melts in, and not quite so noticeable, walking beside it in a parking lot or car show i wouldn't notice it at all, tho the shiny cuda would be enough anyways to go 'attaboy'. Sitting inside tho it wouldn't be 'too much' like the white would be for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts