Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just looking for some advice or insight. Basically I’d like to change out my 2019 sxt blacktop stock rims and upgrade them to the hellcat black rims I’m just not sure which tires to get for the 20” rims. With that being said since I wanna lower my car after I get the rims and wheels, could that be possible to do and how would I go about doing it? Do I get the new hellcat rims first with tires, and if so what tires do I get? And then do I lower it after I have the rims and tires installed??

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Assuming the Hellcat wheels are 9.5”x20, 285/35 (or 40 if you can find them) will be a perfect fit while looking good.

Lowered mine with KW adjustable springs. Not the cheapest but nice quality with lots of adjustment to dial them in where you want them. Similar stock ride too.

1023b 2.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But I’d like to get these im just not sure which wheels and tire sizes to get so that I can lower the car after I get them installed

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) It depends on whether you want to be able to rotate them (9" 275's all around), or want the widest wheel/tire in the back (Factory Reproductions makes a 20x10.5" replica, and more finish options)

While 315/35R20 are generally the widest tire that fits without issue, some have slight rubbing and get the 305s.

Personally, if I were getting replicas (Hellcat or Demon), I'd get the FR70 20x9.5" front with 275/40 and 20x10.5" rear with 315/35. And my car is already lowered on Eibach Pros. You can find them on eBay for $200 and free shipping

I'd suggest you get the tires/wheels and lowering done at same time if possible. If not, if it's lowered first, you'll be able to confirm any fitment issues if needed when installing wheels/tires

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) It depends on whether you want to be able to rotate them (9" 275's all around), or want the widest wheel/tire in the back (Factory Reproductions makes a 20x10.5" replica, and more finish options)

View attachment 990058

While 315/35R20 are generally the widest tire that fits without issue, some have slight rubbing and get the 305s.

Personally, if I were getting replicas (Hellcat or Demon), I'd get the FR70 20x9.5" front with 275/40 and 20x10.5" rear with 315/35. And my car is already lowered on Eibach Pros. You can find them on eBay for $200 and free shipping

I'd suggest you get the tires/wheels and lowering done at same time if possible. If not, if it's lowered first, you'll be able to confirm any fitment issues if needed when installing wheels/tires

A Guy
so I have the new wheels 20x9/20x10 and tires 275s/305s coming first and was going to have them installed 1st then do the lowering after the new wheels/tires/sensors are on with new eibach sport line springs. can I do that, is that okay??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Sportlines will give you an approximate 2" drop, and will almost assuredly require additional parts to get it aligned correctly (Adjustable control arms/caster bushings), but otherwise, it should work fine

A Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts