Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for the past 5 years. I figured it's time to get in the mix. I'm the proud owner of a 2014 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus in Granite Crystal. My excitement for my car has been rejuvenated with the recent installation of a RIPP supercharger back in April of this year. I know the old saying, "if no picture it didn't happen", so I attached a photo of the engine bay. The performance gain is amazing, probably something just over 400 whp, but I haven't had it dyno'd yet to confirm.

I currently have one of the canned tunes provided by RIPP installed and I have to say it's pretty spot on, but I have one minor concern. When cruising at highway speeds, I noticed that the gas pedal is super sensitive now. Sometimes with the slightest change of the pedal position, I feel a little jolt. Not sure how else to explain it. It almost feels like a skip, but no errors are being thrown. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the pedal position because it doesn't happen when I use cruise control.

I'm just curious to see if there's anyone on the forum who has also had a 2011-2014 RIPP installation and experienced the same sort of thing. Should I be concerned about damage being done to the engine/tranny or just drive the damn thing? Maybe it's something that can be resolved with some tuning. Curious to know what folks think.
20190420_135737.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice!! congrats on getting it supercharged!! I'm sure it made it even more super fun to drive!

I've been spending a lot of time recently reading on supercharging and comparing different brands and designs, not to mention, trying to find a place where there's enough in house expertise to perform such a job.

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
I like to see a supercharged 3.6L. I'm not sure about your particular issue, but I suspect the Ripp supplied tune is good, but a good tuner with logging could get you better HP and driveability. Only other Ripp I am familiar with is @MSwezey , but not seen any posts for a while, looks like he sold it

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for the past 5 years. I figured it's time to get in the mix. I'm the proud owner of a 2014 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus in Granite Crystal. My excitement for my car has been rejuvenated with the recent installation of a RIPP supercharger back in April of this year. I know the old saying, "if no picture it didn't happen", so I attached a photo of the engine bay. The performance gain is amazing, probably something just over 400 whp, but I haven't had it dyno'd yet to confirm.

I currently have one of the canned tunes provided by RIPP installed and I have to say it's pretty spot on, but I have one minor concern. When cruising at highway speeds, I noticed that the gas pedal is super sensitive now. Sometimes with the slightest change of the pedal position, I feel a little jolt. Not sure how else to explain it. It almost feels like a skip, but no errors are being thrown. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the pedal position because it doesn't happen when I use cruise control.

I'm just curious to see if there's anyone on the forum who has also had a 2011-2014 RIPP installation and experienced the same sort of thing. Should I be concerned about damage being done to the engine/tranny or just drive the damn thing? Maybe it's something that can be resolved with some tuning. Curious to know what folks think. View attachment 976235
I myself have the Ripp supercharger installed on my 2017 3.6l challenger. It’s power gain is truly awesome! I was having a similar issue with a slight jolt every so often when cruising at highway speed. With as good as the tunes are that came installed with the full setup, I recommend getting tour car tuned on a dyno and having your shift points adjusted. Made a world of difference to me and managed to cram an extra 40+- hp (without too much stress on engine and drive train). Hope this is helpful! 😁 enjoy! I know I love mine !

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Thanks for the reply, and congrats on your boosted V6 as well

A Guy

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Wow A boosted V6 Challenger...pretty nice. How much torque do you think you gained though? I mean do you now feel like V8 punch with this thing now? Pretty awesome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow A boosted V6 Challenger...pretty nice. How much torque do you think you gained though? I mean do you now feel like V8 punch with this thing now? Pretty awesome!
I am actually pushing right around what a stock 392 hemi is putting down (to the wheels) dyno’d at 447hp and 429 lb ft. Torque👍🏼 Definitely feel the power difference! Only thing missing is the classic V8 roar of course. But I definitely don’t regret the decision and love the look on a V8 owners face when I can keep up or even beat them in a quick freeway race or from a stop light. Haven’t had it on the track yet. Top speed so far I’ve had it up to 172, wouldnt reccommend pushing it that far all the time, but definitely gets up there with ease, 0-60 in 4.4 sec😎

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I myself have the Ripp supercharger installed on my 2017 3.6l challenger. It’s power gain is truly awesome! I was having a similar issue with a slight jolt every so often when cruising at highway speed. With as good as the tunes are that came installed with the full setup, I recommend getting tour car tuned on a dyno and having your shift points adjusted. Made a world of difference to me and managed to cram an extra 40+- hp (without too much stress on engine and drive train). Hope this is helpful! 😁 enjoy! I know I love mine !
Thanks for all your responses. I think my next step is to get my car on a Dyno and have some fine tuning done as some of you have suggested. Unfortunately, the scheduling for the shop I have in mind is like a month out. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@RippedYellowJacket17 - Thanks for your response. Just something to add. A couple of weekends ago, the car did throw a P0300 error (random multi-cylinder misfire). Did your engine light ever come on before getting the additional tune? Just curious. The shop that did the install went through the car and couldn't fine any mechanical issues. I erased the error, but it hasn't come on since. Let me know.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am actually pushing right around what a stock 392 hemi is putting down (to the wheels) dyno’d at 447hp and 429 lb ft. Torque👍🏼 Definitely feel the power difference! Only thing missing is the classic V8 roar of course. But I definitely don’t regret the decision and love the look on a V8 owners face when I can keep up or even beat them in a quick freeway race or from a stop light. Haven’t had it on the track yet. Top speed so far I’ve had it up to 172, wouldnt reccommend pushing it that far all the time, but definitely gets up there with ease, 0-60 in 4.4 sec😎
Congrats. That is some impressive numbers from a 3.6

Can you share with us what it cost to get there? Obviously there is spercharger kit, install and tune. Do you have aftermarket exhaust?
I think it would be helpful for other V6 owners to know just what the actual "all in" cost is.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome numbers guys. How does having the 3.6 supercharged affect things like sport mode? I've been reading up on RIPP supercharger and Prodigy twin turbo for my 19 GT. I assume those HP numbers are with a completely stock 3.6 engine?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
bhxtyrant
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing