Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Premium Member
For you guys running the RIPPs, which gears do you run? Do you still use the puny stock diff or did you upgrade? A few months ago I went with a 3.90 LSD and R/T axles for my 2019 G/T RWD, that's why I'm wondering.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
For you guys running the RIPPs, which gears do you run? Do you still use the puny stock diff or did you upgrade? A few months ago I went with a 3.90 LSD and R/T axles for my 2019 G/T RWD, that's why I'm wondering.
I'm still running with the 3.06 ratio which is what my car came with as part of the Super Sport Group.

Registered
The RIPP tune is fat and super safe. I supercharged my '12 SXT+ back when Tidalwave was developing their package. Mine was one of the first cars that had the "package" instead of them buying the parts and making them work. The tune that was developed for the package was done by DTP Racing and without getting back into the tune and taking it apart, I'm pretty sure it's going to be very close to the RIPP tune. These are general tunes and by necessity have to be safe for their warranty. The initial tune took me from 249.7 RWHP to 439.6 RWHP. Not bad, but I've since done a few more mods that compliment the supercharger and have been working with Josh at High Horse Performance to discover what we could do with the 8 PSI pully arrangement that I have. The result....501 [email protected] 7000 RPMs! BTW, I have over 20k miles on my 3.6 since supercharging it.I wanted a tune that wouldn't put too much strain on the engine since I still drive it on the road a lot and I think we've got that.

I've been debating on taking it to the next level by putting a 75HP shot of nutritious on it with a window switch programed to help me launch the car then taper down to off as the boost builds, but I'm not sure the gains would justify the $3K price tag.

Anyway, the wife said I can get a used Hellcat after her car is paid off and the first thing I'm going to do to it (even before I get it home) is to take it over to HHP and have them put their 1000HP kit on it.!:rolleyes:馃榿

21 - 26 of 26 Posts