·
Registered
2015 B5 Blue Scat Pack
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Dude your clutch isn't going to last 5 minutes. I didn't see you heel toe or rev match once and that's going to mean death for your clutch and flywheel. I say you install a transmission/brake cooler and learn to rev match quickly!

·
Registered
2015 B5 Blue Scat Pack
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude your clutch isn't going to last 5 minutes. I didn't see you heel toe or rev match once and that's going to mean death for your clutch and flywheel. I say you install a transmission/brake cooler and learn to rev match quickly!
I'm excellent at heel/toe and rev matching, in other cars. I always do it when cruising around town in the Challenger, however, I will be the first to say that at speed, on track, I am terrible at it in the Challenger. The vertical spacing on the brake/gas in the Scat Pack is horrible for me, and doesn't lend itself well to heel/toe.

The clutch will be fine, as will the flywheel. The car has 10,000 HARD miles on it, and over 260 laps at various tracks across the country. It still bites just as hard as it did Day one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Holy hell, that looks like a ton of fun. Cool video thanks for sharing!
W

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I'm excellent at heel/toe and rev matching, in other cars. I always do it when cruising around town in the Challenger, however, I will be the first to say that at speed, on track, I am terrible at it in the Challenger. The vertical spacing on the brake/gas in the Scat Pack is horrible for me, and doesn't lend itself well to heel/toe.

The clutch will be fine, as will the flywheel. The car has 10,000 HARD miles on it, and over 260 laps at various tracks across the country. It still bites just as hard as it did Day one.
Maybe something like this could be in your future?
OBP Pro Race Universal Top Mount Pedal Box (Drive-By-Wire) - ACE Performance

·
Registered
2015 B5 Blue Scat Pack
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,715 Posts
That looks like ALOT of fun and Road America is one heck of a track!

You did some Nice driving and Thanks for sharing the video's. :cheers:

That 1LE is a BEAST!

·
Registered
2015 B5 Blue Scat Pack
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks like ALOT of fun and Road America is one heck of a track!

You did some Nice driving and Thanks for sharing the video's.

That 1LE is a BEAST!
Thanks! I'll be in Daytona in December running the 24h course. I'll have more video at that time!

That 1LE Camaro is no joke. My wife asked why I need another sports car. I asked her why she needs more than 1 knife when she cooks. She told me it's because they serve different purposes. I winked at her and walked away.

She's still not convinced I need the Camaro. :p

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good driving dude, you look solid. However if you are going to be a track rat, you should think about a fire suit and maybe a rollbar. :smile:

·
Registered
2015 B5 Blue Scat Pack
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good driving dude, you look solid. However if you are going to be a track rat, you should think about a fire suit and maybe a rollbar.
I've been looking at the Alpinestars GP suit for a while now. Definitely in the list. The car is a lease, so it's not getting a roll cage welded in. I've seen the speedlogix setup that they use for the Demon. Again, thought about it, but I'm on a budget...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts