Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what everyone is running when they hit the road course or the autocross. I have a set of 18" Boss 338's that i'm using the rears for the drag radials for the moment. I would like to see what everyone is running or any suggestions for a good wheel/tire combo for running the road course? Post up what you have and how you like it? thanks!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Are the average aftermarket wheel suitable for road course use by beginners? My wife just told me the other night she'd like to learn how to take corners.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I can't speak to aftermarket wheels. The factory SRT wheels are plenty strong. Key is to increase air pressure to 50 psi to keep tires from rolling from heavy loads. The SRT Experience guys us stock wheels and tires with 50 psi.

Over on LXForums there is a great thread on road course preparation you should read. There are also several threads on wheels and tires for road racing over there also.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The stock tires will be fine for your first road course efforts. As 09 Plym said you will want to jack up the air pressure. You will soon find though that the Challenger is a big heavy car for a road course, although I do it a couple times a year and have a blast. I have lowered the car, have a strut tower brace, upgraded brakes and tires!

Go have fun!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.