Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
ARTIE is a 2016 R/T PLUS with Super track pack, 6 speed, Ruby Red Interior
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, I was able to finally drive the Challenger on a road course for a few laps and event though it was shorten due to some incidents, I really felt like there is a need to upgrade the Sway bars on my car. They are way to soft for my taste. Any of you did change them? and which ones did your get?

Thanks in Advance.

Here the video of the session: https://youtu.be/Iyjvd6-nlaE

·
Super Moderator
15,542 Posts
Hotchkis or Whiteline will be the stiffer aftermarket versions out there.

Do the rear one as well, even though there's more work (lower IRS cradle a few inches) for the r & r on rear sway bar

Reactions: Mikamaro

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,565 Posts
I went with the Whiteline, front and rear, and really like how it now handles.

·
Vendor
12,321 Posts
Hey Guys, I was able to finally drive the Challenger on a road course for a few laps and event though it was shorten due to some incidents, I really felt like there is a need to upgrade the Sway bars on my car. They are way to soft for my taste. Any of you did change them? and which ones did your get?

Thanks in Advance.

https://youtu.be/Iyjvd6-nlaE
thanks for sharing, try to keep fingers and especially your thumbs out of the steering wheel, failure to do so can result in extreme pain.....:wink3:

when you take an impact the tendency is to hold/grab on the steering wheel, however when a front wheels takes a hit a good chance the steering wheel will get whipped and if you have fingers and worst thumbs inside the wheel you'll get them folded backwards, extreme pain will follow.....:surprise:

something else, especially autox, a very experience national champion taught me to shuffle the steering wheel, palms to the bottom of the wheel, at 4 and 8 and shuffle the strg wheel back and forth and try to avoid crossing hands at all cost, also by doing so, elbows are close to you and will help give you strength in panic situations

my 2 cents

Luke

·
Vendor
12,321 Posts
something else I have learned, our beloved Challengers require a lot of strg input, a lot.....

Luke

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hotchkis or Whiteline will be the stiffer aftermarket versions out there.

Do the rear one as well, even though there's more work (lower IRS cradle a few inches) for the r & r on rear sway bar

Right, They both need to change. it goes as a team. I will look in those 2 models. Thank you

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if our Stock springs on the Super track Pack are Linear or Progressive?

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,565 Posts

·
Vendor
12,321 Posts
ok, how about sway bars, any input on that subject?
depends on the set up, spring rate, etc, once upon a time Mike Maier a highly respected builder and national champion told me to disconnect my front sway bar and go to a very high spring rate, our Challengers have a tendency to push badly worst in tight corners,

by the way I'm no expert, riding on 3 wheels in a dirt modified, I can tell you just about anything you want, asphalt, braking and having to turn both ways, thats a different story>:)

what I can share is what we have done.....the gentleman that helps me probably would freak if I said what spring rates we are running.....so i wont

but will say we are probably double stock, and maybe more......>:)

we are also running HC front and rear sway bars, but you have to be careful to compare since we run JRI coil over system from Ultimate Performance......very high quality, with 30 possible adjustment rebound and compression separate from each other

my recommendation on a beginner with a Challenger, first your in the wrong car, get something smaller.....:grin2:

ok, now thats out of the way

lower the car, increase the spring rate(which is hard to do unless your doing a high quality coil over), front and rear strut braces, frame connectors, and would go to stage two bars from Mopar or Hellcat sway bars

and if this is a daily driver, its going to be an issue, try to get lots of negative camber, unfortunately that wear tires badly

Luke

·
Vendor
12,321 Posts
by the way Mopar stage one springs are pretty awesome for a daily
Luke

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah i had good luck with OEM sway bar’s, just went about changing the bushings to poly and buying adjustable end links
You are the second who told me that. might be a quick and easy avenue. how much more stiff you you say; 5 to 10%?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You are the second who told me that. might be a quick and easy avenue. how much more stiff you you say; 5 to 10%?

No way man it stiffened it quite a bit more than 5-10%. Steering is a bit heavier now and turn in is very quick. Dont have to rotate the wheel nearly as much. Did this both on the front and rear.

Rear still requires you to slightly drop the cradle to get the links in, front was a cakewalk.

Aftermarket didnt offer (from what i found) to be much better then the OEM

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No way man it stiffened it quite a bit more than 5-10%. Steering is a bit heavier now and turn in is very quick. Dont have to rotate the wheel nearly as much. Did this both on the front and rear.

Rear still requires you to slightly drop the cradle to get the links in, front was a cakewalk.

Aftermarket didnt offer (from what i found) to be much better then the OEM
Interesting, did you get the Bwoody endlink as well? and which poly bushing?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts