Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While it is snowing in NYC, it is time to watch videos and reflect on this past week discussions

ChallengerTalk just kicks ass, and the we fact have all in one forum behind one vehicle passionate peeps about supercharging, pro-charging, strip, road track, road racing, drag racing, suspension tuning, engine builds makes the Challenger such a rich platform.

V, this one is for you as I know how much you love road race tracks; this move is our cup coffee in the am and hope it is for you guys too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEoOkCzorAU

short wheel base vehicles asking for a throttle response when over steering; perfect slip angle, nice slide, adequate power application shifting weight to the rear, vehicle balanced, perfect exit at track out

practice makes perfect really and winter are too long....time to hit indoor go karting

ODP

·
Premium Member
968 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hijack all the time...lol

seems to be a Swedish commercial for the SRT; thank you for posting;
love the drifting ability of that truck and the driver; car control class!
however slip being greater than 9 degrees, that classifies in some eyes of racing team owners as idiots not knowing how to drive fast
fun to watch but slow and a tire management nightmare

speaking of car control, can't wait for that to happen; I wanted to take the evasive maneuvers driving class + the under attack response but it is for LEO only...

but then i found that...so another thing to do before going to see my maker; Evasive Driving Course | BSR | West Virginia

total commando boot camp for a driver... kind of The Transporter stuff without the Wing Chun Kung Fu craziness or whatever Statham is using

i really need to find a parking lot and a friend who can warn of LE showing up to ticket me or arrest me for drifting in an empty parking lot

how much is a skip pad rental nowadays?

ODP

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I can see the outta control part....especially for the tires. But, not too bad for a 5000 pound pickup with no ESP. They're a handful for sure and it was the most fun pickup I've owned! And I know of that driving course you posted...good stuff there!

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see the outta control part....especially for the tires. But, not too bad for a 5000 pound pickup with no ESP. They're a handful for sure and it was the most fun pickup I've owned! And I know of that driving course you posted...good stuff there!
indeed I think it is an amazing truck for it, to pull this through; at 5000 pounds it is just 500 lbs heavier than the slow cat..sorry the Hellcat

ODP

·
Registered
163 Posts
If he were racing, I'd be in the camp of too much traction loss/speed loss. But really, would there be a more fun way to go through a course like that? I'd love to tear through a course for time, then go through it again for style.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If he were racing, I'd be in the camp of too much traction loss/speed loss. But really, would there be a more fun way to go through a course like that? I'd love to tear through a course for time, then go through it again for style.
EXACTLY!! but each time i requested from my instructor to work on drifting it was a NO...I guess they don't want us getting hooked doing stupid stuff LOL

ODP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts