Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question sits on the fence between the track board and the tire board but maybe it leans over here.

I am looking for recommendations for a good tire to run on an SRT8 with stock 20x9 wheels. This is a road track tire, not a drag tire. I want to run at Miller Motorsports Park on the long track.

D-

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Road racing will put high loads on your street tires and result in much shorter life. I have 10,500 miles on my stock Goodyear F-1's and they are shot. The high cornering loads from our heavy cars do bad things to street tires. I run my car at Gateway International at St. Louis with front straight speeds of 110+ MPH. After 6 track sessions, I have decided to buy a set of 18" road racing tires for the track, and save my 20" street tires. Oh yeah, there is also a set of Hoosier drag slicks mounted on 17" rims for those days when I decided to do a few runs there.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
This question sits on the fence between the track board and the tire board but maybe it leans over here.

I am looking for recommendations for a good tire to run on an SRT8 with stock 20x9 wheels. This is a road track tire, not a drag tire. I want to run at Miller Motorsports Park on the long track.

D-
Did you ever decide on a tire? I am wondering the same. I am willing to do a separate set for the street. I do a lot of runs at the 'Ring here in Germany. The F1's just wore out too quick, but they sure did stick. Would like to get something better suited if possible.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
i will the testing the new BFG comp 2 tire wednesday. at motor sport ranch cresson, will see how it does. sounds like a great tire.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've got Pirelli P Zeros all around on my SRT8, size 275/40/20 on the stock wheels. I have had the car around Pocono Raceway for about 60 laps now, and the tires are a bit tired, but still totally serviceable. They stick real well when HOT, but are a bit slippery on the road course until warmed up. Takes about 1.5 laps around the South course (1.2 miles) to get then warm, and 1 good lap around the North course (2 miles with a lot more turns). I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will the testing the new BFG comp 2 tire wednesday. at motor sport ranch cresson, will see how it does. sounds like a great tire.

Looks like a new tire. Tirerack shows availability in April and the price is not bad as well as the treadwear numbers. Let us know how they fare.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts

Those were recommended to me by the guys at tire rack. I gave them a limited size to work with though 245/40 by 275/40. I am willing to change the size for a better tire.

The BFG comp 2 are not available from them until the first, so I have a few days to decide. Please let me know how it goes with them please!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
are there any road racing slicks that will fit the factory chrome clads

1 - 12 of 12 Posts