Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl and I had a free weekend and decided spur of the moment to take a trip out to see some of Northern AZ. We had planned on spending some time @ the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Jerome, and Prescott. We did get to all of those places but spent more time in Prescott visiting with old friends and not seeing the sights. Anyway got lots of great pics of the most photogenic places in northern AZ.

Enjoy.....

First stop was the Grand Canyon......we hadn't gone very far into the park when we saw this sign.......its still a very wild place.... We saw lots of wildlife but no mountain lions

First stop was Mather point.......This is on the south rim looking towards the north.....We took numerous pics....

We spent a good amount of time hiking the south rim and then made our way back to the parking lot.....We grabbed some water and a light snack and headed to another area of the park where you get a view towards the west. This area is not as heavily traveled as the other area of the park and there are numerous small parking lots/areas. Got some decent pics of the canyon with my challenger in the forground. I had several foreign tourist ask if they could take pics of my challenger in this area. One German group spent at least 45 minutes taking pics and asking questions about my car. I also noticed that I got my first door ding..... :disgust: :disappointed: :2232censored: :mad: :headbang: :cursin: :twak: It was a good size one too. I can only figure I got it at the big parking lot @ Mather point. Inside I was fuming as I was trying to answer questions from the German visitors......

You can kind of make out the dent on my front fender drivers side... right on the crease

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple more human interest pics........

This Crow was an interesting contrast...........

My GF took this pic of yours truly

We spent the night in Williams and had a great time there. Good food, great little shops, and we met several interesting people. The next morning it was on to Sedona.....I forgot how beautiful it is there.

The GF and I found lots of good spots to take some breathtaking shots

This one is my favorite........my GF took this one......

We shopped around in Sedona and Jerome. This area is also just an excellent place to take a bike (motorcycle) ride.

Thanks for looking........:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awesome pics Chris, the stripes on the car rock!

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome pics Chris, the stripes on the car rock!

Thanks Randy,

Hey I forgot..... you been up here yet? If so what did you do to your SRT?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Randy,

Hey I forgot..... you been up here yet? If so what did you do to your SRT?
Not yet. Still waiting on the motor, made a few changes and that added some delay. Hopefully soon, the wait is agonizing.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet. Still waiting on the motor, made a few changes and that added some delay. Hopefully soon, the wait is agonizing.

Call me when youre headed up. Maybe we can meet for lunch or something.

BTW....Saw a black one just like yours the other day.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Thanks for sharing your trip. The pics are amazing. The Grand Canyon is a great background for Hemi Orange.

I'll just add the Grand Canyon to my list of must see places.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for sharing your trip. The pics are amazing. The Grand Canyon is a great background for Hemi Orange.

I'll just add the Grand Canyon to my list of must see places.
Thanks Val,

That whole little loop from Williams/Grand Canyon to Sedona, Jerome, and Prescott, and back to Williams is just an awesome scenic area. A great place for a short or long vacation. Lots of "other" things to do in that area.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Hmmmmm, 33 hours from New Hamburg, Ontario. That's actually only 4 hours longer than my trip to Saskatoon. Something to think about for next year and I might even be able to talk a friend or relative into taking the trip with me.:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
A place to visit

Loved the canyons and views, would do it again in a heartbeat... well worth the drive...

Hmmmmm, 33 hours from New Hamburg, Ontario. That's actually only 4 hours longer than my trip to Saskatoon. Something to think about for next year and I might even be able to talk a friend or relative into taking the trip with me.:)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Great pics haven't been out to AZ. since 2000.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Wow....not as bad as I thought it might be. It's off season and still couldn't believe how many visitors the park had. We're lucky Its only a 5 hour drive to the park from Albuquerque. My GF had never been there so it was a great experience for her. I hadn't seen it in about 10 years. They've made alot of improvements.

The one thing I was kinda dissappointed in was that the glass skywalk is not in the Nat'l park. Its actually closer to Las Vegas on the Hualapai indian reservation. If youre wanting to see that plan accordingly

·
Registered
526 Posts
road runner wile coyote country

Great pictures /let me just add that place to my personal "bucket list"
Love the rims whos the manufactor and what size.. with my deep water blue R/t they would look so sweet
Val I think in your second life your coming back as a long haul truck driver,man you love driving:)
cheers from Toronto robin :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great pictures /let me just add that place to my personal "bucket list"
Love the rims whos the manufactor and what size.. with my deep water blue R/t they would look so sweet
Val I think in your second life your coming back as a long haul truck driver,man you love driving:)
cheers from Toronto robin :bigthumb:

Thanks blucheer.....Yes the Grand Canyon is just one of those must see places....one of the seven wonders of the world. Lots to see in that area of the states. Monument Valley, Bryce canyon, Sedona, Meteor Crater and a few other cool sights are all right in that same general vicinity.

The Rims are Foose Legends size 22".....and yes they would look exxxcellent on you DWB R/T

·
Registered
144 Posts
Awesome!

Vichris - beauty pictures and rockin' car. Grand Canyon is breathtaking - we toured it a few years back w/o Challenger, but in helicopter instead. THAT was a rush!

Thanks for sharing your roadtrip...no better muscle car than our Challengers for that - comfortable and quick! Cheers, Zeb

1 - 20 of 29 Posts