Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know alot of you guys have had your tunes in your cars for a while and I just put mine in after my last road trip. I'm going to go on a vacation for about a week on the way up to CF2 and need to know if you guys usually detune your cars for trips in case you can't get good gas? I have a 93 CAI tune in her now. Any ideas?
Thanks
Rick:scratchhead:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
go back to original dodge tune, and then reload custom tune when you get there. i lost about 4 mpg with the 91 tune, even though it was a blast, i go back on a long drive.
good luck maybe see you at CF2

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope to see you there, I'm not as worried about MPG as much as availability of 93 in places I don't know. I plan on haveing my predator with me to put the tune back in when we are there. I'm getting there By Thursday so I should be able to get good gas while in BG.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
No problem finding 93 down here really don't know about up that way.I am running the same tune as you are. On a long trip with cruise at 75 mph I get 21 to 22 mpg.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have problems here getting 93 but one time when I was on I 55 I stoped at the only station for miles and the just had 87, 89 and E85. This was in no were Arkansas North of Memphis.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Couldn't you just take the tuner with you and put back the factory tune if you can't find 93 gas?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have it with me icase I want to see if it runs better with a 91 tune but like to get were I'm going with as little delays as I can. I guess I could take that chance.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Add one ounce of (Aces Four) per 6 gal of 91 and get 96 octane with valve and upper cyclender lubercation. Keep what ever tune your using and not worry. I keep a half pint in a squeeze bottle in the trunk for when I cant find good fuel. I add it to the race fuel just for the BTU conversion and lubeisity. Made by Quantum Blue.
FT

As a DIY test, Take tablespoon full of aces 4 and a tablespoon of Torco accelerent, pour on in the bottom of turned over beer can\ light both and watch. Aces burns clean, no soot, Torco has soot and leaves tar like residue. Aces 4 when burnt away has a wet/dry slppery flim left over to lube cyclender and valves. then look at the MDS sheets youll find Torco is 61% oil and leaves tar. You Decide...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts