2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
I had never heard of the Roar Pedal...if that tells you anything

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2019 AWD SXT +
752 Posts
I've had the Pedal Commander on different vehicles. Had issues with the latest version with bluetooth. Never had an issue with the old versions. I now have iDrive and love it. No bluetooth but has a great automatic mode that will adjust on the fly based on your driving habits. Less expensive than PC, smaller and comes with a lifetime warranty. Never going back to PC. Just my .02 for what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I've had the Pedal Commander on different vehicles. Had issues with the latest version with bluetooth. Never had an issue with the old versions. I now have iDrive and love it. No bluetooth but has a great automatic mode that will adjust on the fly based on your driving habits. Less expensive than PC, smaller and comes with a lifetime warranty. Never going back to PC. Just my .02 for what it's worth.
I'm curious - what issues did you have with the bluetooth version?

I think that a lot of people run into issues for two main reasons:

1. They don't follow the install instructions to a "T" (like making sure the keyfob is far enough away during installation, etc).
2. They try changing settings while actually driving the car.

Really, the settings shouldn't be changed unless you are in Park - and definitely not while you are actually using the gas pedal.

I'm not saying that you did either of these things, I'm just saying that most problems that I read about are caused by those two things.

Personally, I haven't had a single issue with my bluetooth pedal commander. I chose the bluetooth version of the Pedal Commander for a few reasons:

1. I liked the fact that I could completely "hide" the pedal commander out of sight and still be able to change the settings from my phone. I like my car to be very "stock" looking and really dislike exposed wires, "add on" boxes, etc.
2. Pedal Commander seems like the most popular of them all - by far - which means that they are more likely to have addressed any issues that people have experienced - and probably have the most user-feedback. I have a feeling that their "install base" is WAY larger than any of the less-known brands. This is speculative though.
3. It's not just a generic "re-labeled" throttle controller that was made in China - I've seen quite a few that seem exactly the same, but with different brand names.
4. They are constantly improving the product - both the hardware (such as adding bluetooth) as well as software (app updates).

That being said, at the end of the day, they basically all do the same thing. :) I just liked having the ability to hide it and just felt that the Pedal Commander was a more "tried and true" product compared to the others.

·
Premium Member
2019 AWD SXT +
752 Posts
I'm curious - what issues did you have with the bluetooth version?
It put my car in limp mode twice. Definitely installed correctly. Key fob away from car and all that stuff but once was because I was changing it while moving so yes, not recommended to do that. Other time I changed it while at a stop light via bluetooth and check engine light came on. Could have been a defective unit or if one doesn't use bluetooth at all it may not even be an issue, but returned it and switched to iDrive. Prefer no bluetooth and like their iDrive's automatic mode.

Reactions: challengersky

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just heard about Roar Pedal the other day (what little bit I heard was good). Their web has it on sale for $160

Here’s their site if anyone is interested. Roar Pedal Throttle Response Controller
Roar pedal is legit. I just installed it on my 2016 Chrysler 200 w/ a 2.4 multiair 2 motor. It now shit's and git's and the hesitation sometimes with the 9 speed automatic tranny and the seemingly confusion it has to know which gear to be in and when has been eliminated! I also run e85 in it and it will roast it through the first two gear and hops side to side if you give it to much throttle. Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts