Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Rock Falls Raceway - Eau Claire, WI - Group Track Rental Interest

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm throwing out this thread to see if there is any interest in the Mid West Challenger community to do a group track rental at the Rock Falls Raceway located in Eau Claire, Wi. The track website is www.rockfallsraceway.com The mnchallengers car club has shown some serious interest in attending as a group and would enjoy the company of additional challenger car clubs or individual challenger owners. If there is enough support for a group event we will move forward in getting all the details.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I am absolutely down with running at RFR as long as it doesn't fall on a date that I have other obligations I will be there, sooner a date is set the easier it will be to deconflict.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wasn't sure if I should have started a new thread or post it here, but, Before going to Rock Falls is anyone interested in getting their car dyno'd?? Could make this a group event where everyone could do a cruze to Elk River, check out their facility and have a anyone interested in getting their car tuned, done, while we are there. I for one, hope to get this done, is there any other interest here?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
id show up if i had over 1000 miles on my car...i wont be beating on if until mid-late summer....let me know next time..ive never 1/4 mile raced on a track...id love to try!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
If your talkin about going out to Hi-Tech Motorsports for some Dyno time and custom tunes, that sounds like a winner. Barts a real neat guy and his place is real clean, I have been there a few times with a buddy of mine. If we got enough cars out there maybe he'd cut us a deal.:browsmiley:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hitech MotorSports Group Dyno Days and Sessions - For groups its 50.00 per car, ten car minimum, 2 dyno pulls per vehicle, includes color printouts with horsepower and torque. Tuning will not be performed at these events.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been to Rock Falls multiple times with the Challenger. Often called "slip falls" due to poor track conditioning/prepping. If you are running street tires and a manual expect wheel hop or spin. If you are running slicks read Rock Falls site for NHRA rules. Drive shaft loop required. 2010 Snell helments in effect this year also.

Great place to race with small crowds. I usually get in at least a dozen rules on Fun Days for $40. That is if some Cheby doesn't break down...

About 90 minutes from Saint Paul.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been to Rock Falls multiple times with the Challenger. Often called "slip falls" due to poor track conditioning/prepping. If you are running street tires and a manual expect wheel hop or spin. If you are running slicks read Rock Falls site for NHRA rules. Drive shaft loop required. 2010 Snell helments in effect this year also.

Great place to race with small crowds. I usually get in at least a dozen rules on Fun Days for $40. That is if some Cheby doesn't break down...

About 90 minutes from Saint Paul.
Snell 2005 and 2010 Helmets are allowed and not just the 2010.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hey mnpoolman, I'll post this thread onto my car club forum. www.club-cow.com We have quite a club going with over 200 members not all active ones thou. Maybe we can get something going together.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Firing order and Timing are everything, so when?

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Firing order and Timing are everything, so when?
I was pushing for the 21st of May but Steve informs me that he already has a mnchallengers car club event scheduled for the very same day in Eau Claire. I'm not sure but I would think people could do both if they choose. As of now, I'm planning on going to Rock Falls on May 21st as I need to get as many runs in the car as possible. I hope to have all the bugs worked out in time for the final Hemi-Shootout event in November at Atco in New Jersey.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
MnPoolMan

Any updates on your build and do you know yet on when your car will be finished and sent back home ?:smokin:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sounds like we had some mis-communication. The open house at MCR was scheduled for May 14th. We could reschedule that as my greatest interest was the tour of the brewery which we could do any time.

I've noticed the MnChallengers website failing to connect a few times myself the last couple days. I'll send an email to our host and see what's up.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any updates on your build and do you know yet on when your car will be finished and sent back home ?:smokin:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy
Tuning was scheduled for April 4th. I should know tomorrow if they are on schedule. I've asked Arrington to do everything they can to try to get the car back to me by May 1.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts