Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man what a crazy amount of power and fun! I didn't even drive it but I can already imagine the joy I will get out of it when I do, I mean hell my R/T Shaker already puts a smile on my face every time I get in it!

I was thinking about trading in my 5.7 for a SP or SRT within the year but now I can't see myself buying a new car that isn't a Hellcat... granted I haven't driven a SP or SRT for fear I'll want to get rid of my R/T even faster lol

Any other members experienced the same thing? :grin2:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes, the bug bit me too.

Although not to the HC level... yet.

I also had a R/T Shaker, owned it all of 6 months, and felt the need for more power. Found an SP that was just about how I would have ordered one, sort of knew what would happen, went for a test drive, and it was a done deal. I'm very glad I did the deal though. As much as I loved the R/T shaker, I love the SP even more.

I'm limiting myself to the SP though. I know what would happen if I test drove a HC, so I'm choosing avoidance as the way to deal with my problem. :smile:

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I'm on my second SRT 392. I had a 15, and now a 17. I've been asked the question several times. "Why didn't you buy a Hellcat?" I have no need for that much hp, plus I don't like the wheel options. Other than the track, where can you utilize that much power legally?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm on my second SRT 392. I had a 15, and now a 17. I've been asked the question several times. "Why didn't you buy a Hellcat?" I have no need for that much hp, plus I don't like the wheel options. Other than the track, where can you utilize that much power legally?
DUH.

The exact same places you utilize the power legally in your current 392... You should trade your car for a Prius...you sound like a current Prius owner either way with your response. :lol:

:slap:

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
For myself, I'm as happy as can be with my Scat Pack. I don't track, and bought it for street cruising/road trips only. I can't drive it sanely or safely to its' full potential on the streets/roads, but it's a ton of fun to push when the occasion comes.

Would the HC power be fun, you bet, but like said, I'm totally happy with the Scat Pack, and it was a considerable bump in performance and handling over my previous R/TC.

I've got the car that I wanted, and made the right choice for me.

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
It's all about mind set. An R/T or R/T scat Pack is all anyone would ever want or need.
Anything above is cool but not necessary.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
1,669 Posts
Your hooked. Pull the trigger and get the Cat. Great deals on them now.

I went from the Scat to the Cat. Skeptical at first but now it's a freaking beast and I so glad I went to it.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
If I didn't drive a HC first, I'd still have my Scat Pack. The 392 is no slouch, but the Hellcat is something else.
Hey, Charlie, how the heck are you? Haven't seen you posting much lately. We've got to meet up one of these days at Mark's for a little HC get together!

Frank

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hey, Charlie, how the heck are you? Haven't seen you posting much lately. We've got to meet up one of these days at Mark's for a little HC get together!

Frank
I'm fine....just got back from Bondurant. Lots of driving fun! I agree on meeting at Mark's. I only have 1400 miles on my HC--I need to get it out more! I hope you're enjoying your Hellcat.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Oh man what a crazy amount of power and fun! I didn't even drive it but I can already imagine the joy I will get out of it when I do, I mean hell my R/T Shaker already puts a smile on my face every time I get in it!

I was thinking about trading in my 5.7 for a SP or SRT within the year but now I can't see myself buying a new car that isn't a Hellcat... granted I haven't driven a SP or SRT for fear I'll want to get rid of my R/T even faster lol

Any other members experienced the same thing? :grin2:

I have a blast with mine every time I take it out. >:)

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I'm fine....just got back from Bondurant. Lots of driving fun! I agree on meeting at Mark's. I only have 1400 miles on my HC--I need to get it out more! I hope you're enjoying your Hellcat.
Yes, I'm loving the car so far! I've had it for almost 3 months, now, and I've put about 2100 miles on mine already. Looking forward to hearing about your Bondurant experience. I did a two day program there back in early February, and loved it, which is what convinced me to upgrade to the HC. I've got another one day experience due me now because of the HC purchase, and need to decide whether to go back again this winter.

Hope to see you soon!

Frank

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well good luck restraining yourself with the HC. I've have trouble just getting on the interstate. I love listening to the growl of the engine and shift.................that turns into 85-90MPH each time.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It's all about mind set. An R/T or R/T scat Pack is all anyone would ever want or need.
Anything above is cool but not necessary.

That's flawed logic even though we all use it lol....I mean all we really need is...."insert any car that will get you from point a to point b..."

A scat pack is not "really" necessary...nor is a Stingray...nor a Porsche...so you could just as easily say hell, 485hp why not 707 or 847...lol

The truth is probably closer to.... I would have one if I really wanted...cept my wife would beat the shit out of me...or I'd kill myself or, I could buy it but I'd have to sell a kidney...or the sun got in my eye or my glove was too big...or the ball hit a pebble and took a bad hop.

I mean I read somewhere where the guys buying the 4 banger turbo Mustangs brag how fast they are at "part" throttle...They say they are faster than a GT at part throttle...SYCMU...:lol:

Still in the end its an excuse. ;) even it it makes sense occasionally.

ima gonna say it, I want a hell kitty some days...But my scat pack shaker is awesome every time I drive it.....every single time. So was pretty much all of those you see below were too...(except the 96 Mustang GT) ha!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have never driven a HC but I sat in one lol. Looks no different than my RT Plus, but I know it's all engine, brakes and such. I think it's just what you can afford, 707 HP is monster, 70K for me is ridiculous, but not for others. If I could afford a HC I of course would be driving one, or maybe now the Demon. But I really love my RT Plus as well so I'm not really that regretful.

·
Registered
408 Posts
A Hellcat would be fun but if I'm spending that kind of money I'm getting a lightly used 2016 CTS-V or Z06. I'll settle for tinkering on my R/T now until the house is paid off :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,936 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, I've been away from the Challenger folks for a few years now, my last Dodge was a 2009 Challenger R/T that I bought new in 2009. Traded that along the way and bought a new GT-R in 2013, traded that in 2016 for a new Z06 (7 speed) and now traded that for a new 2017 Challenger Hellcat. Always had reasons that made sense to me, fortunately my wife lets me cater to that madness of changing cars kinda often. Z06 was a very nice car, very quick (scary fast) but also had it's issues. Just go to the Z06 Forum and you'll see all the faithful always *****in' about something....really got tired of all that complaining. Anyway, did test drive the car I've bought, it's a 6 speed and having it ceramic coded at the moment. LOVE that S/C whine....one of the reasons I traded my previous beauty. Usually watch these Forums looking for any issues that may pop up and what the owners solutions might be. I think I'm going to like the Hellcat...pretty in her own muscle bound way!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Well, I've been away from the Challenger folks for a few years now, my last Dodge was a 2009 Challenger R/T that I bought new in 2009. Traded that along the way and bought a new GT-R in 2013, traded that in 2016 for a new Z06 (7 speed) and now traded that for a new 2017 Challenger Hellcat. Always had reasons that made sense to me, fortunately my wife lets me cater to that madness of changing cars kinda often. Z06 was a very nice car, very quick (scary fast) but also had it's issues. Just go to the Z06 Forum and you'll see all the faithful always *****in' about something....really got tired of all that complaining. Anyway, did test drive the car I've bought, it's a 6 speed and having it ceramic coded at the moment. LOVE that S/C whine....one of the reasons I traded my previous beauty. Usually watch these Forums looking for any issues that may pop up and what the owners solutions might be. I think I'm going to like the Hellcat...pretty in her own muscle bound way!

Congrats on the kitty...I went form a Stingray to the Scatpack...and I trade a lot too lol...

Enjoy the beast and just let me say I hate you...>:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I feel sorry for my '14 R/T shaker Challenger.It never got its due. Within three weeks of buying it, Dodge announced the 2015 Hellcat and the car has been scorned trade bait ever since. I have been taking crazy good car of it and have kept the miles off of it almost from day one---so that I could eventually trade it in for a Hellcat.

I rode in a Hellcat Challenger at Barrett Jackson two years ago in 2015 and last year was lucky enough to test drive a '16 Hellcat Charger. I spent a year bickering with my wife over a Challenger or a Charger Hellcat, and now we are finally going to get an '18 Challenger HC(I win) once the order banks open up on the Dodge website.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts