Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning/ Afternoon all

I have a 2019 Challenger r/t and I roll race frequently, I'd normally downshift and let the computer do its job, but I was told that if I used my paddle shifters and shift at 5900k-5999k, Id get more power out of the car, Is this true? I got gapped by a stock r/t who just used paddle shifters.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,573 Posts
Stock 5.7's run out of steam before 5900k. Find a gear that gets you about 3500k at whatever speed your using, drop the hammer and snap those paddles around 5700k.

Reactions: Braig

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,699 Posts
I do not have to shift my paddle shifters, once it gets wound out it shifts itself. I do not know if it makes a difference but my car did not come with paddle shifters, I added them with AlfaOBD and my car shifts at 6800 rpm (Not Stock)

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Good Morning/ Afternoon all

I have a 2019 Challenger r/t and I roll race frequently, I'd normally downshift and let the computer do its job, but I was told that if I used my paddle shifters and shift at 5900k-5999k, Id get more power out of the car, Is this true? I got gapped by a stock r/t who just used paddle shifters.
On a stock R/T you should be shifting around 5600-5700. Also start as close as you can to 4000rpm. 392 cam is one of the best bang for your buck mods if you roll race a lot. Let's you rev out to 6400 and the power just keeps climbing the whole time. And just let the car shift itself, it knows better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.