Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I MAY or MAY NOT have to do some fender rolling in the back and to be honest and it scares the hell out of me. I read so many stories about cracking.. the paint on our cars isn't the best to start with.

Who here has done it? Looking for info., tips etc.

I have watched a bazillion videos. I seems that the tool from Eastwood is nice. Everyone talks about heat. It seems that I need a friend to keep steady heat on it, as it will cool down fast.

What do you do with the plastic fender liner when you roll the fender? How do you go about reattaching it?

Any info would be great. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,195 Posts
Just curious...how wide of a tire are you installing? If it's not super wide, couldn't you just get a 10.5 wheel with the correct positive offset instead of rolling the fender?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Challenger uses a hemmed flange for attaching the 1/4 to the outer wheelhouse. You have nothing there to roll.

I guess you could flare out the 1/4 but then you are looking at body work and paint. If you separate the the hemmed flange, accidentally (very likely), I would probably charge about $6,000 to repair your mistake.

I'm a professional collision repair technician.

Better that you buy a wheel and tire combo that fits.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 10.5 rear wheels (Demon) factory reps. The offset is 22. They say a 305 will fit.
I am just scared it won’t without rubbing on outer or inner.

Factory repo says it won’t, but I have heard that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I found a firestone Indy 500 in a 305 with a inflated width of 12.3
I also found a nitto nto5 315 with a inflated width of 12.4
Thoughts ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the demon replicas in a 9.5 x 20 in the front and 10.5 x 20 in the rear. I’m running Atturo AZ850s 275 front/315 rear. I bought a set of 3mm wheel spacers as I had a slight bit of rub, other than that. It’s a perfect match. Here’s a link to a few pictures installed: https://imgur.com/gallery/bwvu2

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What year car do you have and where was the slight bit of Rub was it on the inner fender well?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AfterLooking at your pictures I see you have a different brand of demon reps ( not factory reproduction ) you have the Vox which I believe are 10 inch wide in the rear not 10 1/2 is that correct and I know the offset is different also

·
Registered
120 Posts
AfterLooking at your pictures I see you have a different brand of demon reps ( not factory reproduction ) you have the Vox which I believe are 10 inch wide in the rear not 10 1/2 is that correct and I know the offset is different also

I should have corrected my initial post, fronts are 9 x 20, tears are in fact 10.5 x 20. I just check the website, CarID.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
What year car do you have and where was the slight bit of Rub was it on the inner fender well?

It was the lowest points of the fender liner on the left side, not sure why the left was rubbing more than the right.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes and I asked what offset they are not the width 10.5 is the width

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
Voxx Demon Replicas

20" x 9", +20 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 71.6mm Hub

20" x 10.5", +25 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 71.6mm Hub

A Guy

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Voxx Demon Replicas

20" x 9", +20 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 71.6mm Hub

20" x 10.5", +25 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 71.6mm Hub

A Guy

If they’re 114.3 vs 115, why doesn’t it feel like the bolts are making contact with the surrounding metal instead of sliding directly into their respective holes? I realize that .7mm is a pretty small amount, just trying to understand why Demon Replicas would be in that bolt pattern for a Dodge intended vehicle?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts