Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else notice a rippling/dent like appearance on the metal strips in the roof rain gutters(not sure if the termimology is correct).I have a 2009 R/T and am very sure that this just started happening in the last few months.I have attached a couple pics that show the problem if you look closely.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
My girl has that too, albeit a bit worse. I hadn't thought twice about it until you just mentioned this ...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My girl has that too, albeit a bit worse. I hadn't thought twice about it until you just mentioned this ...
Hmmm,...wondering if this is becoming a warranty issue or if there is or should be a TSB(Technical Service Bulletin) posterd by Chrysler/Dodge and the dealerships.Seems as if something is settling somewhere in the construction.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The roof is real wide. Is it possible you rested your hand there while washing/waxing the car ? The roof molding will dip if pushed down.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The roof is real wide. Is it possible you rested your hand there while washing/waxing the car ? The roof molding will dip if pushed down.
Nope, I have it too...dont like it but I do :disgust: I'm thinking it may be from washing it...too much? (warping from the moisture, or maybe heat, or one then the other...I live in Houston) I'm pretty sure those are color matched rubber (look at the ends where its cut), mine looks exactly the same as your pics in 1 or 2 places...Dont really know, mines a '10 Classic bought in July and I wont ***** if it doesnt get any worse but I will if it does.

·
Banned
675 Posts
I noticed it when I first looked at my car at the dealership, I looked at several others, they all seemed to have it.

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
I've noticed this on new (unsold) 2010's on the lots...I went to view a FF SRT8 and posted a comment on this board.

It look like someone used the ball peen end of hammer when installing them, it was "ripple city". My '09 roof rails are smooth compared to some of these '10s I've seen

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No,I have never applied any type of pressure on the gutters.I think it may be due to some sort of stress issue over time,...a flaw in design/engineering.Hopefully Chrysler will repair the problem under warranty if need be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts