Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How well would a dual supercharger do with a Kenne Bell roots and a paxton centrifugal supercharger combination. Would the centrifugal choke the roots at low rpm, and would the roots hold back the centrifugal at high rpm? Or would it be an amazing combo?

Also might consider a new transmission, because I don't want the stock one to go boom when I reach my 800hp goal, any information will help.

I do burnouts so I do some driving in the high rpm range close to red-line. But I do like to take off fast without losing traction sometimes, so there is some mid to low-end rpm driving too if that helps.

Off topic, but if anyone knows any higher performance superchargers with water/air intercoolers for under $10k a piece ($20k total limit, don't feel like spending more on the car than I did for the car($28k)), I would love to know (doesn't have to be street legal, our little secret). Want to make close to 800hp without NOS from my estimated 660hp coming soon.

I just bought a 2010 6.1L SRT8 and really want to beef it up.

About 555hp without NOS
Hoping for at least 660hp after stroke and heads, and 800hp after supercharger and 900 total with NOS

·
Registered
636 Posts
Troll???????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the large amounts of editing to the post, I got carried away with detail, my first forum post... But I have the spare money and would really like to pull some more power, so could you help with my problem.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Cool man, we all get carried away about our cars. If you have some serious cash to throw around go turbo. I have seen only 1 kit available so far and it's about $13,000. A turbo is the most efficient forced induction out there... that's the reason those 4 cylinder rice burners use em. They don't bog down your engine with the belt driven pulley like a supercharger does.

There are positives and negatives to everything you find and I suppose the negatives of a turbo is cost, keeping the turbo spooled, and turbo lag ( lag really doesn't exist in this modern era but you'll be thankful there is a LITTLE as your hemi is gonna be a torque monster anyhow).

·
Registered
636 Posts
Oh and if you really want to have a supercharger there are a lot of options out there. There is absolutely no reason you HAVE to frankenstein a system to reach big time hp. The vendors on this site have many different options and packages out there. Make sure to call a few. Arrington will have some options as well.

Keep in mind if your looking @ 800hp, your also looking at higher boost which means all forged internals... your really going down an expensive path if you want that much power....

GL buddy!

·
Registered
99 Posts
2 Supercharger= bad

Just go with forged internals and boost the heck out of any S/C...

Or you can put a Twin-turbo on...once again...will need a piggy back fuel management system a forged internals.

Also, if money is no option...

Viking Transmission
440 Crate Engine

If your whole goal is just speed though...

Have you considered buying a motorcycle?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 Supercharger= bad

Just go with forged internals and boost the heck out of any S/C...

Or you can put a Twin-turbo on...once again...will need a piggy back fuel management system a forged internals.

Also, if money is no option...

Viking Transmission
440 Crate Engine

If your whole goal is just speed though...

Have you considered buying a motorcycle?
Already got the forged internals down, and already have a crotch rocket :5:

I would prefer to go with a supercharger, especially with a manual, I like the low end power and the instant response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts