Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I understand correctly, the wheels and tires are the same size all around if you don't opt for the "summer tires" option on an SRT8.

If I have that right, has anyone gone that route and assuming you rotate tires, how many miles have you been able to get from a set?

(I understand most don't buy an SRT8 to conserve tire wear, just had to ask the question).

Thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The SRT Wheels are all 20X9. I have the F1's on mine (summer tires) and since the rear tires are wider than the front I know I won't be able to rotate them. The manual will have info on rotation. My rear tires have probably spun twice as much as the fronts! They still look brand new with 5K.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The SRT will either have 245/45/20 Goodyear RSAs or 245/45/20 front and 255/45/20 rear Goodyear F1 supercar tires.

You can rotate the 255s from side to side and I did mine every 3-4,000 miles. They lasted 27,000 miles before I started slipping during daily driving. I used mine for weekend track and daily use.

With the 245s all around you can go with the side to side and then cross front to back rotation as per the owners manual.

You will either get the same or slightly better mileage with the RSAs with regular rotation.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
If you didnt upgrade the tires, rotate em all you want, they are the same size.

Are the 255 F1's unidirectional? If so, you cant rotate them from side to side. I am pretty sure they are asymmetric so it wouldnt be a problem. I just cant remember?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
No, the f1 are not directional.

I didn't think there was any other option than the 255's for the rear and 245's for the front? I thought this was stock on the SRT's?
I knew the R/T's had an option to move up to 245 20 RSA's on all 4 corners, but I was always under the assumption that the SRT's only came 255/245?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
The SRT comes standard with 245's on all 4 corners. The 255 rears are a $100.00 option.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I rotate my 245/255 tires side-to-side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts