Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on my 09 Charger but the Magnuson SC for the 5.7 is essentially the same for the Charger/Challenger.

Anyhow - I really like the airbox design of Roto-Fab. The box seals and forces air do be drawn from the open port near the driver side wheel well like the stock airbox does. This is their Magnuson ready CAI design for the different location of the throttle body.

The kit comes with two silicone tubes, five hose clamps, chrome pipe, airbox, filter, alcholo wipe, weather stripping, nipple and tubing for the breather, and a color printed installation guide. They also provide a replacement for the mounting tab screw (which is your stock screw) in the event that you have lost or stripped yours (includes a nut and lock washer) - nice touch.

The install is very simple particularly if you have done a CAI before (this is my 3rd...lol). The filter is HUGE and mounts easily inside the airbox. Before you install the airbox you are supposed to clean the open port where it draws fresh air with the alchohol wipe and install the weather stripping for a tight seal when the airbox is installed. I'm not quite certain I did the weather striping correct, but in the end it was mashed pretty good all around the opening when the airbox was installed so I suppose its working as intended. Getting the tubing in place along with the nice chrome pipe is a bit fussy but nothing more than I have done before. I loosely installed both silicone adapters and proceed to slowly wedge in the pipe. Took about 25 minutes including removing my old CAI.

Its a very nice product and will let that maggie breath! Give Roto-Fab a call/e-mail and talk to Mike.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
This is on my 09 Charger but the Magnuson SC for the 5.7 is essentially the same for the Charger/Challenger.

Anyhow - I really like the airbox design of Roto-Fab. The box seals and forces air do be drawn from the open port near the driver side wheel well like the stock airbox does. This is their Magnuson ready CAI design for the different location of the throttle body.

The kit comes with two silicone tubes, five hose clamps, chrome pipe, airbox, filter, alcholo wipe, weather stripping, nipple and tubing for the breather, and a color printed installation guide. They also provide a replacement for the mounting tab screw (which is your stock screw) in the event that you have lost or stripped yours (includes a nut and lock washer) - nice touch.

The install is very simple particularly if you have done a CAI before (this is my 3rd...lol). The filter is HUGE and mounts easily inside the airbox. Before you install the airbox you are supposed to clean the open port where it draws fresh air with the alchohol wipe and install the weather stripping for a tight seal when the airbox is installed. I'm not quite certain I did the weather striping correct, but in the end it was mashed pretty good all around the opening when the airbox was installed so I suppose its working as intended. Getting the tubing in place along with the nice chrome pipe is a bit fussy but nothing more than I have done before. I loosely installed both silicone adapters and proceed to slowly wedge in the pipe. Took about 25 minutes including removing my old CAI.

Its a very nice product and will let that maggie breath! Give Roto-Fab a call/e-mail and talk to Mike.

Mmmmmm shiney. Looks great and nicely done with using the RotoFab airbox.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts