Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone here does about rust on their rotor hubs. Corvettes have "hats" or covers that people can buy in a few colors. I don't see any available for Challengers. Do most people paint them? Any special paint, or just Rustoleum?

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
I just painted mine. I did not want a color that draws attention to the hub, just not rust so I painted them with Eastwood cast iron grey.

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
I just painted mine. I did not want a color that draws attention to the hub, just not rust so I painted them with Eastwood cast iron grey.
Is that a spray or brush on? Can you post a link to the product and post a picture of your finished project?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,560 Posts
I painted my old '72 drums and calipers with hemi orange high temp engine paint and the rotors with high temp black back in the day....not sure if "regular" paint will hold up or not. Will be watching for replies...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know the POR15 product pretty well, since I used gallons when I restored a Land Cruiser, and the Rustoleum I have is the high heat one. just have to decide what would look better with a Tungsten car!

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
I saned off the rust and then painted the rotor hubs with high temperature Rustoleum.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same rustoleum. Yours looks so good I think my decision is made. Did you brush paint it?

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
I have the same rustoleum. Yours looks so good I think my decision is made. Did you brush paint it?
I painted the hubs with a 1/2" brush. The brush cost ~$10 at Home Depot.

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Reactions: Brent27

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rustoleum high temperature black.
Just finished mine. Used a disposable brush. Came out great, I think it works great with the black barreled wheels.
Used my floor jack on the factory jacking points, with a Corvette jacking pad. Dunno what all the fuss was about from all the posts I saw when researching jacking points. (I don't have my manual yet).

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,119 Posts
Did anyone else have their hubs come from the factory with this grey paint? Obviously it's not a good paint.
I will go the same route as Great American and do it right, but I wonder what the dealer response would be if I asked them to warranty it. :bang:

·
Registered
6,352 Posts

Rustoleum 1000 Degree BBQ Black Spray. The photo taken above was just taken a month or so, ago and
these were painted back in late 2011. The silver is anti-seize compound.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine is not a SRT but I used Rustoleum high temp caliper paint. I took them off, taped them up and sprayed them.It has been three years of pressure washing and no peeling.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.