Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT Demon, 2011 SRT Challenger
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 SRT Challenger with just 21,000 miles. It’s twin turbo’d and has a custom tune. Bought from the original owner who didn’t have the engine built to handle the turbos. Brand new engine rebuild with forged internals. I am running the 6.1 intake for a bit better torque curve. Car ran great before the rebuild given it had a few scalded piston tops. This is the problem I’m having. On cold start (in Florida no less) it starts right up, but then falters and stalls. It takes 3-4 starts before it warms up enough to get a good idle. Car runs fine around town, but haven’t gotten on it yet. Here is what I have addressed so far. New fuel pumps, new two bar map, new water temp sensor, new cam sensor, new plugs, new injectors. I have a periodic code that says bank 2 is too rich. I haven’t changed the O2 sensors on the right side yet. This is getting frustrating as I’ve tried nearly everything to get this engine to have a normal startup. If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate your help.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a problem with start up on my 2012 392 it's also forged with a roots style blower. Car was fine till I forged upped boost and went with bigger injectors, local shop tuned it ran great when warm, but cold start wanted to stall had the shakes. All I did was have the shop touch the tune up and it all went away

·
Registered
2018 SRT Demon, 2011 SRT Challenger
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Was hoping to avoid that given it ran fine with the turbos previously. Might have to retune if nothing else. I think I’ve covered most of the bases. Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ya man know you dont want your car down. But if you dont have any codes coming up and runs fine when warmed up you might want them to look into it. Mine just needed a touch up with the cold start was the injectors for me no charge.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,843 Posts
My first uninformed thought was tune. At least have a good tuner look at your current tune, and they may be able to fix that, and improve driveability, find a few ponies, etc.

A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts